ok new problem!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Shiverptb

ok new problem!

Post by Shiverptb »

Ok my 92 mx-3 gs k8 engine is still dyin on me after it gets to normal operating temp
so far we have:
new plugs wires
distributor rotor and cap are good! could it be the ignition coil!?
all new belts including timing all marks are lined up and timing is good!
new radiator
new water pump
new power steering pump
new fuel pump and filter
new battery
new alternator
new air filter

problem started when we replaced the water pump and timing belt
someone b4 mentioned about the crank shaft sensor. the wire is not pinched but the tip has a small scratch and it is a black color! is that gonna affect it!?
the distributor was checked and there is no physical damage or anything o suggest it is broken.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

When it dies on you, are you doing the check for fuel and spark?
Shiverptb

Post by Shiverptb »

hmm well i checked the spark and there seems to be nothing wrong except maybe the ignition coil might be bad im not sure
i have recetly been told its a vacuum leak!! so im goin to redo all the hosing and the pump but we took the crankshaft sensor of and its a little discolored and has a scratch on it will that change its performance!?
andy

Post by andy »

we took the crankshaft sensor of and its a little discolored and has a scratch on it will that change its performance!?

No, the sensor is a magnetic pick up, it will not be affected by scratches or discoloration.

The part about "dying on me after it gets to normal operating temp" is still not specific enough. Is it dying at idle only? is it dying while just driving down the road? does it die when coming to a stop? or while accelerating? does it start right back up and then die again? or can you drive it down the road before it dies again?

Depending on your answer, my answer will be different.

Andy P. 93 GS 1.8T
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Coolant temp sensor?

have you pulled codes?
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Sounds like the disty, ignition coil. Usually happens to us.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hei mod time!!!! :D and DO NOT i repeat DO NOT buy a distributor from checker or its distributing companies!!!! they die !! 25 dllrs = hei mod add another 35 dllrs for coil IF needed. coil rarely goes usially its the hei.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

stop wasting your money and just buy a KL-ZE! =)
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

You can still have the disty problem on a ze unless you convert to an external coil hei.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Shiverptb

Post by Shiverptb »

Yea i wanted a klze i found one for 600 20000 miles really good deal nothing wrong wit it only problem is im broke!! yea i live in hawaii and got no job only 17! well im driving on the road and it will spike up and then cut out sometimes recently its jus dying when i start up my car and then start up fine drive for a while and then die and this only happens when the line gets in between cold and hott it is not overheating! the engine light now comes on so im trying to find someone with the right adaptor for my car because for some reason no one has it! no one! all 3 shops checkers no one crazy!
hawaii for ya!
its a brand new disty and oops got it from checkers.....
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

that explains it.. checkers, I got TWO from them..and both of them died, I summit a complaint to the better bussiness bureau and of course got no response.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Shiverptb

Post by Shiverptb »

ok its fixed i didnt do the hei mod or anything! it was the egr solenoid one vaccum tube was off i plugged it in and then drove it around and nuttin has been messin up yet! so far so good!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Wells thats odd.
-hec

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”