MX-3 Owner seeking help

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Torqueman

MX-3 Owner seeking help

Post by Torqueman »

Hey everyone,<P>I am in serious need of a new motor for my '92 MX-3. I am looking for either a 2.2 from a Ford Probe GT or a 2.6 from a MX-6/626. (since these bolt right up to the MX-3 tranny and have same wiring harness, but have the extra umph!)<P>Would be great if some of you could leave either phone numbers or webpage address to some salvage yards that deal with alot of Mazda parts. <P>Any help is GREATLY appreciated.<P>Matt Basaraba<BR>Bismarck ND
mazdaspeed002

Re: MX-3 Owner seeking help

Post by mazdaspeed002 »

Erm, i don't think the 2.2 turbo motor will bolt up but someone correct me if i'm wrong. The first generation gt's used a 3.0 i think. your best bet if you have a 4 cylinder is to do the BPT or B6T swap. Go to the home page and read all the FAQ's and howtos on the engine swaps, they're very helpful.<P>If you need aprts try <A HREF="http://www.junkyarddog.com" TARGET=_blank>www.junkyarddog.com</A> I've goten some good aprts for a good price through them before...<P>Good luck
mazdaspeed002

Post by mazdaspeed002 »

Oh yea, you got your motors mixed up.... the PGT/626/And MX-6 motor is a 2.5L. :D
Torqueman

Post by Torqueman »

The Probe GT was a 2.2 4 cyl. Its a 2.5 from the 626/mx6 , I did mess up that part. Has the exact same block as the 1.8 from the MX-3 V6 just different bore. (obviously since its a 4 cyl and not a 6 =P) Otherwise its the exact same motor, same bolt patern for the tranny and same wiring harness. Both made by Ford. (cringes) <P>Anyways, I am STILL looking for a motor. <P>Thanks for the help<P>Matt Basaraba
LoXOnline

Post by LoXOnline »

I got A v6 from a 96 626 and it got 12k miles on it from when it was rebuilt. The car has been stripped but this is all thats left with the trans, which is shot. But it does run fine.
CanadianMx-3

Post by CanadianMx-3 »

the old mx-6s have the 2.2L turbo also and they r strong as hell
Dedicated SR20 SLUT

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”