2.0 Stroker for BP

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Kuromu

2.0 Stroker for BP

Post by Kuromu »

I have been talking to the guys at Flyin Miata about the 2.0 stroker kit and am curious if anyone here has done this to their BP?

If so, what were the results, are you satisfied with them?
93 MX3 RS BP 2.0 // 87 RX7 HKS Turbo
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

OMG!!! thats wat i was thinking of doing when i get mine!!!!! how much is it dude?
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
Kuromu

Post by Kuromu »

About $3500 for the kit. I am also going to be replacing the valves and springs, so a little more. Not cheap, but as this is my 'project' car, I think it is worth it. The more unique I can make it, the better. :)
93 MX3 RS BP 2.0 // 87 RX7 HKS Turbo
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

WOAH and thats probly US funds 2..shitty deal for me,,gonna have to wait a while..ill just have a stock bpt with lil easy minor mods done..then when i have that cash layin around,buy a stroker kit etc.
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
forcedairram

stroker kit

Post by forcedairram »

To me it seems like they could have designed a better stroker kit, with the flying miata kit they relocated the wrist pin in the piston, putting it right on the oil ring. If they would have spent a little more time in the disign stages they would have found that it would be more efficient to use regular pistons and have custom rods made, for several reasons. One reason being is by going this route you would cut down severey in rotational mass...resulting in more HP, isnt that what we all want. Second it would get the wrist pin out of the oil ring. So if you get a flying miata stroker kit and would happen to crack a piston...that makes you SOL, cause then rather than buying regular plain jane pistons from weisco you get to spend some rediculous amount more to get custom pistons that have a wrist pin in the middle of the oil ring. Now I dont know for a fact the cost of the custom pistons but I seriously doubt they are as cheap as the standard pistons for all the 1.8 engines.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”