opinions ideas advice

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
6g72-T

opinions ideas advice

Post by 6g72-T »

Hey whats everybody im a lil bit new to the the mx3 but Im no dummy when it comes to cars. i own a 02 eclipse v6 with a custom turbo kit. I have 94 mx3 which has a crack block (DOHC) and a blown tranny (its a auto). Now ive been searching a lil bit on what to do with it. I just want it to be a daily driver for now and when my other car is finish i will work on it. Now do you guys recommend just replacing the block and swapping it to a 5-speed or should i just do the BPT or B6T swap and swap the protege lx tranny over as well.
nicksmx3

Post by nicksmx3 »

if you wanna be a daily driver car go with the bp for now with a 5spd tranny and when you start going at it it will be easier to add a turbo.
max kl

Post by max kl »

no replacement for displacement do a klde or klze its the same ammount of work cus u gotta change the engine harness to do a bp you need to get a few more parts to do a v6 swap
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
D323

Post by D323 »

max kl wrote:no replacement for displacement do a klde or klze its the same ammount of work cus u gotta change the engine harness to do a bp you need to get a few more parts to do a v6 swap
I hate that arguement; its soo flawed. 1 word makes what you said incorrect.

Rotary. ;)

Oh and the b6 ~> KL swap is WAY MORE than a few parts and a harness.
GS + BP + T3 + 9lb flywheel - some dead weight = ;)
6g72-T

Post by 6g72-T »

max kl wrote:no replacement for displacement do a klde or klze its the same ammount of work cus u gotta change the engine harness to do a bp you need to get a few more parts to do a v6 swap
yeah i like that saying but i have a new one "theres no replacement for displacement unless you have a huge turbo"

Correct if im wrong but dont some people use there stock motors and take the manifolds off a 323 to bolt up a vj turbo to it and piece the rest of it. know i will have to some custom piping but that isnt a problem
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

the bp can be installed into the dohc with the stock harness with a haltek

what i would do is get a dohc & install a turbo from a b6t on it

jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
6g72-T

Post by 6g72-T »

well i appreciate everybodys advice but im just gonna do a 5-speed swap and just get a new motor. Then finish up my other car then start on this one. I still need to research this motor and tranny to find where the weakness are.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

D323 wrote:
I hate that arguement; its soo flawed. 1 word makes what you said incorrect.

Rotary. ;)

Oh and the b6 ~> KL swap is WAY MORE than a few parts and a harness.
Swap wise its not really that bad, when you have to custom fabricated new mounts and make a new wiring harness for a car that is when things get a bit hairy.

Rotarys displacments are grossly misrepresented anyways, Given its not a standard piston driven system mazda got to pick how the displacment was measured. Why would they give the motor a high displacment? (this matters quite a bit in thier how market where cars are taxed on displacment)
6g72-T wrote:
yeah i like that saying but i have a new one "theres no replacement for displacement unless you have a huge turbo"
Ever seen what happens when you use forced induction a high displacment motor? Its a whitty comback but its still flawed.
Correct if im wrong but dont some people use there stock motors and take the manifolds off a 323 to bolt up a vj turbo to it and piece the rest of it. know i will have to some custom piping but that isnt a problem
Yeah you can use the 323 manifold, I dont frequent the forums anymore but people have gotten good results out of turboing the DOHC 1.6 although the stock manifold has a issue with the VICS.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”