My Clutch won't release

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3driver
BANNED Member

My Clutch won't release

Post by MX3driver »

Ok, brand new clutch, just put it in. Now, everything else is fine, all fluids are filled etc. But my clutch will not release.. you can push the clutch in.. but it WILL NOT come back out. The slave cylinder (clutch release cylinder) is fine and working. What the hell could this be? HELP PLEASE!
Ive been banned for moronic childish behavior.
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

did you bleed the line after the install?? Did you replace the throw out bearing?
max kl

Post by max kl »

yea sounds like air in the clutch line

but just to clarify you are saying you push the clutch pedal in and stays on the floor?
JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT

93 gs, klde swap, kl trans, strait 2.5'' ehaust, euro front bumper, cold air intake, hei ign ,50 shot &
9.60s n the 8th mile so far 8.50s sprayn now
150 shot
MX3driver
BANNED Member

Post by MX3driver »

yes I bled the lines, and then refilled fluids, and then pumped it to get the fluids back in.. like i said.. there is pressure there because the CYLINDER DOES WORK. And the throwout bearing WAS installed correctly..
could it be something in the fork? like can the fork slip off something or anything like that?
Ive been banned for moronic childish behavior.
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

MX3driver wrote:yes I bled the lines, and then refilled fluids, and then pumped it to get the fluids back in..
it sounds like you bled the lines incorrectly. this is the way i took it, please correct me if i'm wrong.

from what you wrote you:
1) drained the clutch fluid
2) refilled the resevoir
3) pumped the pedal to restore fluid in lines

what you need to do to bleed the lines (you need 2 people, or speed bleeders):
1) pump the clutch pedal (i do it 3 times)
2) on the last pump, keep the pedal on the floor
3)loosen the bleeder on the slave cylinder a little bit until fluid and/or air comes out.
4) close the bleeder
5) you can now let the pedal up and start the process over again

you need to keep doing those steps until all of the air is out of the line. what I do is connect a clear plastic tube to the bleeder, this makes it very easy to see if any air bubbles are coming out. it also keeps the brake fluid off of your garage floor. DO NOT let the resevoir run out of fluid in this process. if you do you will be pumping air in the lines and you will be back to where you started.

if you did bleed the lines correctly, sorry for posting this long thing for no reason.

if your throw-out bearing was installed correctly it can't slip off of the fork. does the fork move when you push in the clutch?
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Well if there is pressure and the cylender works then it has something to do with the Fork and Throw-out bearing. It can come off even after install if you hit the fork at all.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”