Connecting my Air/fuel, Volt and Water Temperture Autogauges

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
JYOUNYA1

Connecting my Air/fuel, Volt and Water Temperture Autogauges

Post by JYOUNYA1 »

I have a volt, A/Fuel, and W. Temp Phantom Auto Gauges and they are not working properly. Here is my set up...

I have the white/power wires from the Volt and W. Temp Gauges spliced and sent to the dimmer switch. The ground wires are spliced as well and sent to the frame of the car. Now...the power/red wires for the Volt, W. Temp, and Air/Fuel are spliced and sent to the ciggarette lighter power wire. The sender wires/purple for A/F is spliced into the blue/red wire on the O2 sensor... The sender wire for the W. Temp I had spliced and sent to the white(or faded blue)&red wire on the water temp sensor.

The results

When I turn the key to the "on" position the volt meter goes up to 8 volts, and the others do nothing...I crank the car up turn on the lights, when I turn the dimmers down the guage lights get brighter and vice versa. And the A/F guage...lets just says it does nothing but just relax in the pod. Please if someone could tell me what to do...Here is to show you some sort fo Diagram of my wiring scheme. I am sorry it is so small but photobucket shrunk it. I can email the full size if someone is willing to help me.

~Jay

93 MX-3 GS 1.8 Liter V6 Teal Mods: Pace (Maker) Setter Custom Catback/ Phantom Auto Meters: Voltage/ Water temp, Air/Fuel (in which not one gauge except voltage works) / Custom piece of s*** intake / 17" RacingHart Z5000 wrap in Khumos that are dry rotten / Altezza Tail lamps/ Custom Black interior (still in the works)/reverse indiglo gauges/ Push Button Starter/ Viper alarm with Proximity sensor/ Brembo slotted and dimpled rotors/ rear hatch shade/ Pioneer Premier DEH-840MP, ,2 custome fitted 6"inch pioneer door speakers, 1 Pioneer Premier 200 watt amp

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”