Somthings wrong!11HELP

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Shiverptb

Somthings wrong!11HELP

Post by Shiverptb »

Ok when im driving sometimes the rpm jus shoots up and then drops completely down to 0 sometimes the engine comes back on and other times it kills the engine at first this would only happen when i was hittin about 4000 rpm but now its jus happening randomly! I have a 92 mx3 gs v6 and only plugs wires and intake done to the car!
i recently installed a new timing belt and water pump this is around the time that the problem occured!
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

When your distributor goes it can do crazy stuff like that.
Did you do the timing belt etc yourself? if so, just go back over the work you carried out, and check everything is plugged in or bolted up :wink:

but my guess would be the disty.....
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
Sprint

Post by Sprint »

cheers for that, no i havnt touched the timing belt. would i be right in saying that if the dizzy goes the car somehow needs resetting or something?
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Is this @ idle or underload?
wepeo

Post by wepeo »

I'm having the same problem with mine. Its a 92 mx-3 gs. I added an cone style intake and it acts like it doesnt know what to do with that much more air flow. I havent reintalled the factory air box yet. I've been wondering if there is more to resetting the computer than just disconnecting the battery. Then again, I may be way off.
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

you might want to check for leaks, cos you shouldn't need to reset the ecu
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

wepeo wrote:I'm having the same problem with mine. Its a 92 mx-3 gs. I added an cone style intake and it acts like it doesnt know what to do with that much more air flow. I havent reintalled the factory air box yet. I've been wondering if there is more to resetting the computer than just disconnecting the battery. Then again, I may be way off.
Check that there's no cracks in the accordian tube attatched to u'r intake. it is 14 years old and alot of movement could break it.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”