LED-style taillights

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
MEXTHREE

Post by MEXTHREE »

led for mx-3 dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam, dream, dream, dreeeeeaming.

if only.
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

i have 200 red led's on order from china. they should arive soon.

im going to see if they would be usefull in taillights, i will keep you updated

The total cost, including shipping is $30 from ebay

Bochek
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

MEXTHREE wrote:led for mx-3 dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam, dream, dream, dreeeeeaming.

if only.
What ever!! you keep on dreaming, while I make mine. im already AWD , obvously Led tail lights wont be a challenge. to mas produse them yes thats a dream, as it would cost too much per set to make it worth manufacturing, no one would pay 400 to 500 a set.

its actually really easy to make them yourself, and you could do it rather cheep if you wanted to go with low quality LED's. but obvoulsy you havent woken up from your dream yet.
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

I have the email of a guy who has already done LED retrofit to his prelude and is willing to do them for the mx3. His base price is $300. If anyone is interested in contacting him pm me and I'll shoot you his email.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

This may work for our cars.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1157-Sup ... QQtcZphoto

later,
dee
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
freakyalien

Post by freakyalien »

Josh wrote:
What ever!! you keep on dreaming, while I make mine. im already AWD , obvously Led tail lights wont be a challenge. to mas produse them yes thats a dream, as it would cost too much per set to make it worth manufacturing, no one would pay 400 to 500 a set.

its actually really easy to make them yourself, and you could do it rather cheep if you wanted to go with low quality LED's. but obvoulsy you havent woken up from your dream yet.
I think he meant more of that it'd be really, really cool to have them more then he meant "only in your dreams"
Vroooom
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

Anyone think they will work?
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

DJPRO wrote:Anyone think they will work?
They are "right angled" - they wont work for our tail lights

Something like this -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brightes ... dZViewItem

-might work if it will actually fit into the hole in our tail light assembly. The page says this led thingy draws about 24 watts per bulb (32 leds) - so it is not going to help with the power consumption issues compared to the normal 1157's (which draws about the same power anyway). I dont beleive the power consumption will be that high for these leds. But if its actually 24w then it may not be worth the effort and money just to have a little brighter tail lamps IMO ....

P.S. White bulb behind red cover will produce a pinkish hue ... :)
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

You don't have to run four LED taillights just because our cars have four bulbs for the breaks. You could save yourself a lot of money by using one for each side. That's at least what I've done. I'm not going to give away my secret of what the tails will look like just yet, but all components will be clear and mounted to a custom bezzel which I will be painting black. When done I will post pics for everyone along with night time pics. I tested the LED tails I picked up and one will be more than enought light for the rear on each side.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

Urbanconcept wrote:You don't have to run four LED taillights just because our cars have four bulbs for the breaks. You could save yourself a lot of money by using one for each side. That's at least what I've done. I'm not going to give away my secret of what the tails will look like just yet, but all components will be clear and mounted to a custom bezzel which I will be painting black. When done I will post pics for everyone along with night time pics. I tested the LED tails I picked up and one will be more than enought light for the rear on each side.
Just make sure that its legal in your area - You could get a ticket if the cop thinks that one of the bulbs is out.
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

Cops wont be able to tell at all. My lights won't look stock, so they won't even know that it had two bulbs to begin with. Plus, all components are DOT and SAE approved.
thelatinpimp

Post by thelatinpimp »

pics?>??????????????
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

Not yet. I still need to add a bit more resin, sand them, and then paint. I'm going to paint them the same colour as my car. I just don't have the time currently to finish them as school is keeping me busy. In a month they should be on the car, a month at the latest.
matrice

Post by matrice »

can't wait to see them when they are done Jer.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

ariesdude wrote:
Urbanconcept wrote:You don't have to run four LED taillights just because our cars have four bulbs for the breaks. You could save yourself a lot of money by using one for each side. That's at least what I've done.
Just make sure that its legal in your area - You could get a ticket if the cop thinks that one of the bulbs is out.
I don't think there's an issue with that, from what I can tell, there are quite a few cars with only 1 tail light per side, we just happen to have a pair. Also remember that overseas that their Mx-3's only have 1 pair of tail lights, the other pair is rear fog lights
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Appearance”