2006 9th Annual Mississauga Mazda MX-3 Meet

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Well, it wouldn't make sence to have a meet without an actual meet, no? ;)

Meets are easy to organise compared to a cruise, that's why were focusing on that portion first, especially since this will be the first cruise we've actually organised.

It'll probably go something like this:

12pm-4pm, meet and BBQ
4:00, leave to head to the cruise starting point
4:30, start the cruise
5:30, rest stop at Port Dalhousie. Maybe arrange a refuel point.
6:00, head back out for the second leg of the cruise
7:00, arrive at Lundy's Lane, There's a few restauraunts withing walking distance of the No Frills/cruise night meeting place.
Hang around, check out other cars and people, including the NF tourists, check out our cars.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
DizzeeRascal

Post by DizzeeRascal »

that sounds real nice to me! I'm in!
...like a fat kid on a smartie
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I would love to still throw in the Drive-In movie idea, but apparently the roads suck for getting out.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

is the trip back gonna follow the same route? just wondering because, heaven forbid someone is speeding :lol: , the cops may be watching out for us. :driver: i don't think we'll be hard to miss.

maybe a loop idea may be better to have a different path home. don't know the roads out there, so i'm no help on finding this new path, but this is just an idea.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

It will be late, so I dont think it would be a good idea to drive back on country roads in the dark. The best best would just to have a convoy on the QEW. Besides, seeing a bunch of Mx-3's/Mazda's driving down the road is really neat and really fun.
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

I would love to still throw in the Drive-In movie idea, but apparently the roads suck for getting out.
Well, once the drive-n reopens for the season (usualy around Victoria day, we can call them and see what their plans are for fixing the road. I'm really surprised that they don't take better care of it. Maybe they just smooth it out once every two years, and last year was the off year. Either way, I call to their head office couldn't hurt.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
cdngrl420

Post by cdngrl420 »

Ok I need to start checking posts more often I think it was on page 1 now its like double digits, ok from what I have read from these posts and from what I noticed in last years meet here are my suggestions.....

-Our first meet spot should be at the prominade just for traditions sake and get everyone together then post up signs of like an itinerary or something so people will know what to expect or where the club may be at any given time.
-As great as a route that may be for a cruise I think maybe we should find a route that goes in a triangle maybe staying on the outskirts of the city so if someone gets lost there will be a centralized meeting spot and then the lost would have more catch up time rather then having to back track so they miss alot of the cruise.
-Maybe having a a pre-meet when the weather gets better where we have a car wash or something to raise funds for the meet so things like food and maybe tickets or whatever are made more affordable for the people that don't want to come out for money reasons.
-Another thing we can do to encourage people to stay longer could be like a raffle near the end of the nite and the funds for the prize could come from the pre meet as well.
-Another thing is rather then just posting signs at the prominade or the meeting spot of what and when where doing stuff but maybe print out mini schedules with numbers for the raffle if we do one and hand them out to people as they pull into the meet.

Those are just suggestions from the top of my head I'll post up more when they come to me. Oh and Deb dont worry I'll be right behind you watchin the ze's goin buh bye.
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

Also i think it would be a good idea for people to update or get info from the Contact list

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=43349

Such as mobile numbers etc...can't always depend on dem FRSs.
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

wow, reading this topic brings back the excitement of thinking about getting my g2.

only 3 months and a few days till i get er.

If my mx-3 is running good before your meet/cruse i will DEFFENTLY be there.

Bochek
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Bump

Hey, John, I want your $0.02 too :)
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Bump
Hey, John, I want your $0.02 too :)
Oh Oh, my name has been beckoned. I kind of stayed away from this for a while and actually haven't gone through every page since my last post in this. Patty touched on a key point. Since it's apparent that the powers to be are not receptive to moving the meet (or should I say the main meeting spot) from the prominade, I guess all I can offer is a tertiary input. I am very much a strong proponent of a cruise as part of the total activities. It appears that it's a popular item as well with others. It only stands to reason to have a cruise where a cruise is meant to be - on less than busy roads (secondary roads) of reasonable quality where little harm or damage is possible if something or someone went amiss. That said, the best place for a cruise would be on country roads. Staging a cruise from the Prominade would be an extremely difficult challenge. I like the idea of the cruise area in and around the Niagara and Welland area. This would also entail a full days activities in which long distance travellers would have to arrange for accomodations. Again, with that said these accomodations should or would best be located somewhere between the Prominade and Niagara/Welland area. Not to mention a bit cheaper for accomodations in that area anyway.
Back to the cruise part. Based on last years event, it seems that there were a lot of attendees filtering out by about 2pm. I would therefore suggest that to prevent the activities from getting stale/boring, it would be best to start the cruise around 2ish, if the days events happened to start at say 9:00am to begin with. The BBQ could be wrapped up by then. Just prior to starting the cruise (for those who are willing to participate since there will be some who will not be interested), I suggest a huge group photo where evryone must be available to move there cars to designated areas for a group shot so that this can in turn be sent to some of those other clubs out there like in Germany and Holland where they seem to get rheems upon rheems of MX'rs to their meets. If the services of a skyjack could be made available for a 30 minute window, that would be perfect. Once the pics are done than we can get the cruise underway.

The Cruise
For those that may not have been able to get to the Prominade or for whatever reason, a place and time will be set to give those from the Prominade (or any other place for that matter) time to get to the cruise start point. People from the Prominade can get together in big or small groups or whatever they wish since all of that can be discussed between members leading up to the departure time. Set the place to meet at Hutches in Hamilton by the beach at a time about 45 minutes to an hour after the said departure time from the Prominade. This will give those who need it, extra time to get gasm get a snack, get something from home or the Hotel or whatever. Once it's been determined that all that are attending the cruise has arrived. Someone can give handouts of the proposed route and a "go to" place for those who may get sidetracked or lost. Ensure that most have an FRS radio would also be a suggestion. returning back the point of origin on a cruise is always optimal but not feasible due to the location of the Prominade. I like the idea of a stop midway for a short break to "cool the brakes off" and tell a few stories (lies) as well we'd be running through the supper hour, so a pre-arranged eatery would also be in order. The days events probably wont end til sometime past 10 or 11 at night, which makes for a long day. As a side note, those that have travelled a fair distance may want to get together for a farewell breakfast and perhaps coordinated highway cruises homeward-bound for small groups.
How does that sound so far?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

It sounds pretty good.

What I had wanted to do this summer is to take individual pictures of the people and their MX and it is a great idea to have a group shot.

As for any of us staying overnight ... if there is enough of us we may be able to get some kind of a discount .. some may want to share a room with someone else .. some can bring their sleeping bags and camp in the hotel room .. that will cut down on costs.

And again if this is going to held in July ... tourist season is underway ... so we'll need to have this all settled and ones who are going to stay overnight will have to make reservations ASAP.

... or we all could be sleeping under the stars .... :laugh:

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

why is it when we ask john his two cents, i always feel like i should give change back? j/k john :)

as for accomodations, those ppl heading back east, i might b able to house a few ppl... got comfortable place for 3-4 ppl, then floor space for a few more. first pm first serve. 10 mins from the highway at dufferin/finch in toronto.

and for the meet, i'll bring the meat...but how many steaks should i pick up? $30 for 9.
jaschke

Post by jaschke »

ill be there for everything port dalhousie + forward
i dunno where this bbq is originating but im just gonna stick around this area
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

jaschke wrote:ill be there for everything port dalhousie + forward
i dunno where this bbq is originating but im just gonna stick around this area
How come you don't want to come for the begining of the cruise, or even meet up wit the rest of us at the BBQ?

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”