MX-3 Criticism

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
.:]{UBIS:.

Post by .:]{UBIS:. »

Gro Harlem wrote:Major problems with the MX3 at the time of its introduction (when comparing it to competitors NX2000, NX1600, CRX, SC2, Eclipse/Talon/Laser)

5: The pathetic 1.6 SOHC in the RS is the stupidest engine choice mazda could've made for their "sports coupe". A 1.8 BP or using the 1.6 DOHC miata B6ZE woudl've made hella more sense. Using the KF-DE in the GS would've kept the MX3 placed under the MX6 but would've at least gave it some balls. The K8 wasn't even necessary in the K-series engine family

The tinny doors piss me off somtimes & getting into the car is awkward being 6'4"...its SO low to the ground. The door and window seals always seem to get unseated on all mx3's i've seen which can look crappy & sometimes cause leaks. The headlights being plastic = sucky.

car.
What I think is.. MX should be the lowest class of as u say "sport coupé" so they did what they did.. put a weak engine use what they have.. BUT BESIDE THIS THEY ALSO USE A DESIGN WHICH PEOPLE ARE ABLE TO ADORE 10 YEARS LATER what I think is great. Prove is the movies "I robot" they use the design next to Audi TT and other modern cars or the FAST AND FURIOUS... WHAT U CAN CHANGE IS ENGINE OR OTHER THINGS BUT WHAT U CAN CHANGE IS THE DESIGN THE EXTERIOR..
and maybe this is why we love our slow MX..

By the way in Europe we have glass headlights.. no cheap plastic.. and the new look of interior design is great.. I had NX1600 before, and the look is never like MX..
FlyVFR
Supporting Member

Re: MX-3 Criticism

Post by FlyVFR »

Amma351 wrote:Hey,

I have had 2 mx-3's so far and it is my dream car and I love it!
But when i think about it mazda did go wrong in many crucial aspects of this car didnt it?
That is why we spend time and money to fix those things such as
Engine - 130 hp's not that fast, the RS even worse
Sound - Stock speakers suckkkk
Headlights - they get yellow and are weak

for an example VW Corrado Vr6.... people dont change much of it because it is done properly from factory...engine is quick, speakers good, headlights strong everything else good...

Do you see my point with this?

Cheers

Sasa
I see your point. But don't forget that the MX-3 production is now more than a decade old and some technology was not available at design time. I do however must say that the RS should have been powered by the V6 1.8 and the GS should have been powered by the V6 2.5! :D
Stock 92 MX-3 GS
93 MX-3 GS KLZE
98 BMW 328IS
81 Trans AM NASCAR Pace Car
80 Trans Am INDY Pace Car
www.MyMX3.com Domain For Sale!
My Feedback File

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”