gas light ?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Chemical

gas light ?

Post by Chemical »

Anyone know if the euro spec V6 has a gas warning light? Cant see one and don't want to run out of petrol to find out
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48297

We're trying to figure that out. :?

I would just say that if you can't see it, you don't have one.
Chemical

Post by Chemical »

Yeh thats what I think too- that link you posted I'd already been in. The only thing I can see is next to the fuel gauge is where you have the other warning lights- theres one which I dont know what its for as it has never lit up... ? Could it be there?
FlyVFR
Supporting Member

Post by FlyVFR »

I think the "gas light" is a little redundant since it's right next to the fuel gauge. A better choice would have been to sound the alarm or blow the horn instead. Just in case the driver is not able to read the fuel gauge while driving and sleeping at the same time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Steve where are you? Seems like only people by the name of Steve have a sense of humor :!: :lol:
Last edited by FlyVFR on January 21st, 2006, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stock 92 MX-3 GS
93 MX-3 GS KLZE
98 BMW 328IS
81 Trans AM NASCAR Pace Car
80 Trans Am INDY Pace Car
www.MyMX3.com Domain For Sale!
My Feedback File
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Chemical wrote:theres one which I dont know what its for as it has never lit up... ? Could it be there?
Out of all the guages I've seen the bottom left hand light is actually blank. i'm not sure why they did that. maybe they ran out of ideas. The slot not only lacks a picture and a bulb, but doesn't even have a negative side, so if you wanted to wire it to anything you would have to wire straight to the bulb. seems like they could have at least had a ground screw like everything else on the guage has.
Chemical

light

Post by Chemical »

On mine the bottom light is for ABS, then rear fog light, blank and top is hazard. Just thought it would make sense to have the fuel light there in the 'blank' one. Any euro MX'rs able to shed some light.. get it light...? :roll:

Oh and why is there no glovebox light?? PITA!
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

the gas light isnt on the left or right side its on the gauge.

if you look at the gauge on the right you will see a hole directly under the fuel meter on the gauge. Thats the fuel light that comes on when there isnt much fuel left. As you can see its not a light that says fuel, its just a little round orange light.
Chemical

Post by Chemical »

Thanks Johnyb but I know I don't have a light there. This is a euro spec car so was wanting to know if anyone knew if the fuel light was elsewhere, such as in the warning light panel left of the gauge- my gauge for fuel is on the left , then speedo then tacho. Any Aussies or Brits out there know?
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

johnnyb wrote:Image
Do some mx's have the feul on the right side or is it just this picture is set up wrong?
Chem said his euro spec has the tach on the right, which is the same as my CAN and USA are.
Chem wrote:On mine the bottom light is for ABS, then rear fog light, blank and top is hazard. Just thought it would make sense to have the fuel light there in the 'blank' one. Any euro MX'rs able to shed some light.. get it light...?
Your cars have rear fogs? don't think i've ever seen that. what color are they?

What is the hazard light show? Are Euro hazards different than American? Our hazards just blink both turn signals, nothing extra.

For the record books. my lights are as follows
[left, top to bottom]
Engine, Hold, 4W ABS, Blank
[right, t to b]
Charge, Oil, Brake, Belts
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

The little dot under the fuel gauge is the gas light. Do you even have a hole there or is it solid?
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

oowhwo oohwo yes yes an Aussie was actually asked so I'll answer :D (and go to the trouble of making this pic up)

Yep we got a low fuel light, its here:

Lights up bright orange bro so you can't really miss it.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Hoots mon!

There's lots of unAmerican / Canadian specs our cars were produced under. Any advice you get from this forum should be taken with a grain of salt. They didn't get the same build of these cars that we did. The AU (Eunos), Jap, European specs were vastly different. Don't make the mistake of considering your car is of the same spec that the majority of this board owns. You got yourself a nice ride so enjoy it!
Last edited by Grants on January 20th, 2006, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Chemical

yup

Post by Chemical »

Thanks Grant. It appears I have no fuel light! No hole or anything on the gauge!! So I wont be criticising the doodle dandee or maple leaf MX-3's they seem to have more options loaded as standard for a start... I've read here about luxurys such as power folding mirrors and heated seats! lol :?
But thanks very much for taking the trouble to make that piccy. Aussies rule! I can sya that as I'm a Melbourne boy! Not born but lived there for 25 years so certainly bred there.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Melbourne to Scotland... makes sense :D I guess even Melbourne to Tehran would too. lol

Na seriously, I'd love to get over there some day. So you'd have an interesting accent after 25 years here I'd imagine. We'd think its Scottish and they'd think its Aussie!

Cheers
Chemical

Post by Chemical »

Aye Mon.. but I'm actually Irish lol I've still got ma aussie twang, just a bit of irish in the mix.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”