stereo wireing

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
gapimpin

stereo wireing

Post by gapimpin »

need some help guy that had my 92 mx before me cut the wires to the stereo now i have no clue how to hook up my deck anyone know what color the power and memory wire are? and if it had antitheft on it cause it seems like i have too many wires in thier.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Heres a diagram for the audio:

http://www.mx3er.com/Info/Radio%20Circuit.pdf
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
gapimpin

Post by gapimpin »

Thax thats exactly what i needed hopefully ill get my headunit in this weekend
MX-SLICK

Post by MX-SLICK »

save yourself the headache and wiring distaster by buying a 5 dollar harness. You can get it at wal mart. This way you wont have wires too short, and the factory deck just plugs in...you can also bring the harnesses inside in a well lit area to wire them. They are worth every penny..dont cut into wires.
94' MX3 GS atx
93 geo storm GSi
99' Ford ZX2 mtx
2001 honda CBR 600
2000 kawasaki kx 500 MX
CarMan1

Post by CarMan1 »

ok i know this sounds stupid, but does one harness fit all head units? ive never gotten that...

i know that head units come with a plug that one end plugs into the head unit, and the other end plugs into a harness, but theres no way that the harness end is that universal
93_mx3_gs

Post by 93_mx3_gs »

CarMan1 wrote:ok i know this sounds stupid, but does one harness fit all head units? ive never gotten that...

i know that head units come with a plug that one end plugs into the head unit, and the other end plugs into a harness, but theres no way that the harness end is that universal
When you buy a deck aftermarket unless it has a harness upgrade for your specific applicationg, you just get the open ended wires off the head unit plug which you then go and buy another plug - the adapter to the mx-3s wire harness so you don't have to hack it to shiats. All you do then is connect to two open eneded wire plugs together and viola.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Wait, are you guys talking about a Wiring Harness like in this thread:
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=47003

WTF, I paid $20 at Best Buy
Good thing I returned it though
So you can get these wiring harnesses at Walmart for $5?
What type are we MX3 owners suppose to get? Do we just request a Wiring Harness for a MX3 or is there a special brand?

By the way, where does the harness connect? Somewhere behind the dash?
I never figured this out because I had a pro do it for me. Now, for some reason my stereo stopped working. I think it has something to do with the wiring
Also, my CLOCK on my car also stopped working. Already checked the fuses, no problem with any of them. Has to be my wiring
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
93_mx3_gs

Post by 93_mx3_gs »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:Wait, are you guys talking about a Wiring Harness like in this thread:

What type are we MX3 owners suppose to get? Do we just request a Wiring Harness for a MX3 or is there a special brand?

I never figured this out because I had a pro do it for me. Now, for some reason my stereo stopped working. I think it has something to do with the wiring
Also, my CLOCK on my car also stopped working. Already checked the fuses, no problem with any of them. Has to be my wiring
It just plugs into the factory wire harness so you don't have to hack it to shiat.
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

If the car harness was cut off then it is harder as you need to get the car harness as well as the stereo wiring harness. They then plug together.

So you have 2 options if this is the case

1) wire it directly
2) pay about $35 CDN total to get both adapters and wire it up properly.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

93_mx3_gs wrote:
Juans_93_MX3 wrote:Wait, are you guys talking about a Wiring Harness like in this thread:

It just plugs into the factory wire harness so you don't have to hack it to shiat.
Are there any special brands? Last time I went, I seen a few wiring harnesses for sale. One was for Mazda TRUCKs from the years of 1990-1997
Am I suppose to get one espically for the MX3?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Just get the wiring harness for Mazdas. Their universal for early to mid 90 cars.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

2fazed wrote:Just get the wiring harness for Mazdas. Their universal for early to mid 90 cars.
Sure about that?
Yesterday I went to Walmart, found the wiring Harness for Mazda vehicals of the early 90s to 2004 and guess what, the back of the wiring harness bag didnt mention anything about it supporting the MX3 or even MX6.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:
2fazed wrote:Just get the wiring harness for Mazdas. Their universal for early to mid 90 cars.
Sure about that?
Yesterday I went to Walmart, found the wiring Harness for Mazda vehicals of the early 90s to 2004 and guess what, the back of the wiring harness bag didnt mention anything about it supporting the MX3 or even MX6.
Very sure. They all use the two plug adapters. Metra is a good brand for them. I've used tons of these adapters. 90-91 I'm not sure, but 92-98 I know. I currently use a stock cd player from a 98 626.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”