CAI Vibrant

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Gorlm2

CAI Vibrant

Post by Gorlm2 »

Can i use Vibrant CAI kit for Acura Integra (90-93) #2207 ?
I can order cai just from catalogs.
Thanks
1997 MX-3 1.8 V6
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: CAI Vibrant

Post by jschrauwen »

Gorlm2 wrote:Can i use Vibrant CAI kit for Acura Integra (90-93) #2207 ? I can order cai just from catalogs.
Thanks
Attach a pic of the item you're describing and someone should be able to recognize if it will work. Most of use buy it from ebay because it is so much cheaper there.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Gorlm2

Post by Gorlm2 »

It is the problem. I don't have any picture, so i'm asking you :roll:
I'm from Russia? so i can't use Ebay.
1997 MX-3 1.8 V6
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Yes, you can use it
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Gorlm2 wrote:It is the problem. I don't have any picture, so i'm asking you :roll: I'm from Russia? so i can't use Ebay.
OK, plan "B". Hopefully this CAI is in an electronic catalogue and if so, just attach a link to that catalogue page so that we can go from there.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
JWMX3

Re: CAI Vibrant

Post by JWMX3 »

Gorlm2 wrote:Can i use Vibrant CAI kit for Acura Integra (90-93) #2207 ?
I can order cai just from catalogs.
Thanks
yes, that one is the most common, also 90-93 accord works, either way you have to be prepared to cut it up to fit
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

You order the CAI for the fancy piping, thats all. You'll have to cut and fabricate the intake by using sleeves you can find to fit the TB to the piping and put our MAF midway. You would also have to choose a filter for the end. Total pieces would include 1 acura (I used a 92) intake pipe cut in half. 2.5 to 3" sleeve for TB and a 3" sleeve to transfer from pipe to MAF on filter side. Direct fit the pipe onto the MAF on TB side. You also need 5 ring clips to attach and hold parts together. A mounting bracket from engine to the intake is necessary to hold and support the intake so it moves with engine. PM me if you want pics to get a visual.
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

MX3 GSR for dummies wrote:You order the CAI for the fancy piping, thats all. You'll have to cut and fabricate the intake by using sleeves you can find to fit the TB to the piping and put our MAF midway. You would also have to choose a filter for the end. Total pieces would include 1 acura (I used a 92) intake pipe cut in half. 2.5 to 3" sleeve for TB and a 3" sleeve to transfer from pipe to MAF on filter side. Direct fit the pipe onto the MAF on TB side. You also need 5 ring clips to attach and hold parts together. A mounting bracket from engine to the intake is necessary to hold and support the intake so it moves with engine. PM me if you want pics to get a visual.
Just to be picky, it's a VAF, nota a MAF.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

LOL....I didn't even realize. :lol:
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
Gorlm2

Post by Gorlm2 »

jschrauwen wrote:
Gorlm2 wrote:It is the problem. I don't have any picture, so i'm asking you :roll: I'm from Russia? so i can't use Ebay.
OK, plan "B". Hopefully this CAI is in an electronic catalogue and if so, just attach a link to that catalogue page so that we can go from there.
The link to the catalog is http://www.vibrantperformance.com/produ ... g42-43.pdf
but there are no any pics for this model.
One more question, what size of adapters for both sides of VAF (difficult sentence :P )
1997 MX-3 1.8 V6

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”