General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
JWMX3

my search for an oil pump is a failure

Post by JWMX3 »

Mazda - 274.00
local parts store - 286.00
partsource (can. tire) - 190 but supplier is out of stock, not getting more
NAPA - nothing listed
rockauto.com - 142 USD not bad but shipping to me is 52usd and ups charges duty it will end up being the same as mazda anyways......

so am i gonna have to fork out 274 bucks BEFORE taxes for a damn oil pump or does someone know of a special parts fairy that can help me
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Did you try putting up a [WTB] in the buy/sell forum? This is for a K8 right? There must be a dozen people on this site that have swapped in a ZE and have their original K8 lying around.. just go for one of those.. Oil pumps rarely go bad for the most part.. and usually only fail from either a factory defect, or from being plugged up by something (Then they burn up from lack of lubrication) Heavy weight oils can also put undo stress on smaller oil pumps that arent designed to handle the excess viscosity. Another possibility would be to take your current oil pump to a machine shop and see if they can recondition it.. unlikely really.. but depending on the style of pump and what the housing condition is in.. its at least worth checking. Hope this helps man.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

well the thing is my K8 pump works, but when i measure the clearances with a feeler guage its not in spec....... besides that, the pump is for a rebuilt motor and i'd be able to sleep alot easier with a new pump on there then one with 215,000 kms on it.. i just dont want to get gouged for that much money, but in the end if i have to pay it i guess i'll pay it :(
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

partsamerica has one for $118.88 and free ground shipping ...

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDeta ... 51&ptset=A
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Have you checked to see if there is a rebuild kit available for it? This is heavily dependant on the oil pump to be doable.. but I have seen oil pumps that could be rebuilt. Cheers

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)

Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

One other thing you could check out would be to call mazda and see what differences there are in the oil pumps for the K8, KLDE, KLZE, KLFE engines. You might find that the part numbers are the same (I cant say for certain but it wouldnt surprise me) and then you might find that a oil pump for a MX-6 might be cheaper.. wouldnt be the first time I saw something like that.. heck the HLA's are a perfect example.. Ask for "Miata" lifters and the price is 1/2 what they are for the MX-3's but they are the same lifter from what I am finding out. (I am still checking on this one). Hope this helps man.

Tunes67

JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

Ive never come across a rebuild kit, but I will look into asking about it for different mazdas... i do know the K series oil pumps are the same part

last time and first time I called ford dealer for a price on a part, when i told him a 94 probe gt he actually laughed at me and said theres nothing left, sorry....... yet the mazda dealer down the street can get anything, just at ludacris prices :?
rayrrod

Post by rayrrod »

and now you know why there are less and less of us MX-3ers left?
Parts getting to hard to find or too expensive to buy.
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

One good thing about being friend with a JDM importer I got to canablize parts off a a pile of engines sitting the the back corner of the shop before they went to the metal recycler. I have collected a large collection of spare parts for myself. I have a couple spare oil pumps with less that 47000km on them.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”