Is this a fair price?

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
quadraphonic

Is this a fair price?

Post by quadraphonic »

Hi guys. I'm new to the web site, but have been reading and trying to learn a bit about MX-3s before I pick one up. I think I've found one and I'd like to know if the price on it is fair.<P>Here's the specs from the ad:<BR>1994 MAZDA MX3 PRECIDIA GS, 1.8 L EFI V6, auto, od, ac, p sunroof, cruise, tilt, am/fm/cass/CD, pw, pl, p mirrors, rear wiper, alloy wheels and more, black w/ black cloth interior, one owner car in great condition, $12,495<P>What do you guys think?
Postman2K

Re: Is this a fair price?

Post by Postman2K »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by quadraphonic:<BR><STRONG>Hi guys. I'm new to the web site, but have been reading and trying to learn a bit about MX-3s before I pick one up. I think I've found one and I'd like to know if the price on it is fair.<P>Here's the specs from the ad:<BR>1994 MAZDA MX3 PRECIDIA GS, 1.8 L EFI V6, auto, od, ac, p sunroof, cruise, tilt, am/fm/cass/CD, pw, pl, p mirrors, rear wiper, alloy wheels and more, black w/ black cloth interior, one owner car in great condition, $12,495<P>What do you guys think?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>How many KMs on it? Besides that, 12,500 for a '94, that's way too much. i bought my '94 GS V6 (power everything) for $10,000 and that was 2 years ago. you can find that same car for much less. check this BB for sales. look at <A HREF="http://www.autotrader.ca," TARGET=_blank>www.autotrader.ca,</A> and you'll find some for sale between $5000-$9000. if i were you, i wouldn't give that car a second glance.
2007 Mazda3 GT Hatchback (Phantom Blue Mica) - DAILY DRIVER
2004 Mazda3 GT Hatchback (Passion Lava Orange) - FOR SALE
1994 Mazda Mx-3 GS (Laguna Blue) - RETIRED/JUNKED
1995 Mazda Mx-3 RS (Dark blue) - SOLD
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

How many KM on it?<P>I only paid $10,000 for my 1994 GS auto fully loaded 3 years ago.
quadraphonic

Post by quadraphonic »

I have to call to check out KMs.. my guess is that part of the reason the price is higher is because it's being sold through a Mazda dealership. I have checked Canada Trader, but this is the only V6 Auto near me. I know, I know, manuals are better, but I prefer the autos.<P>Will
quadraphonic

Post by quadraphonic »

Andrew,<BR>On a side note.. I've enjoyed your Pumpkins website for a few years now. Great work!<P>I saw your name and thought, now where have I seen that before. <P>Cheers..<BR>Will
quadraphonic

Post by quadraphonic »

Andrew,<BR>On a side note.. I've enjoyed your Pumpkins website for a few years now. Great work!<P>I saw your name and thought, now where have I seen that before. <P>Cheers..<BR>Will
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

I have heard bad things about the automatic, and that is WAY too much. Thats not even close to a justifiable price even if it is at a mazda dealership from my point of view [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
quadraphonic

Post by quadraphonic »

OK.. I read a little more about the V6 Auto, and had my girlfriend take me out in her standard for some lessons. I'll give the V6 manual a shot. Here are some listings I found in my area. By the way, I really appreciate the help you guys are offering!<P>One was a '92, and the others were '93s. Any big issues with either of those years? There were four listings, but they're pretty close. One of the '93s was listed for $7,800, but didn't have the mileage listed.<P>Here you go..<P>1993 MAZDA MX3 PRECIDIA, 5 spd, new rubber, pwr roof, pdl, very clean, very sporty, 159,000 km, $8,997<P>and<P>Price: $7,900.00 <BR>Odometer: 158000 Km. <BR>Engine : 1.8<BR>Condition : Used<BR>Warranty : Available<BR>, Financing : Available<BR>Classification : Hatchback<BR>Transmission : Standard<BR>Cylinders : 6 cyl.<BR>Fuel system :Gas <BR>Drive :FWD <BR>Doors :2 drs. <BR>Passengers :4 psgrs. <BR>Interior color: Dark Grey <BR>Exterior color : Red <BR>Options : Cruise Control, Cassette, Anti-Lock Brakes, Sunroof, AM/FM Stereo, Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, Spoiler, Power Mirrors, Power Locks, Tilt Steering, Power Steering, Power Windows, Power Brakes <P>Will
mattster

Post by mattster »

i bought my 92 GS with 60K miles (96000 KM) for $4900 USD (approx. $8000). looking back i think i payed probably too much for it but hey its worth it the MX-3 is a great car. for you i'd say don't go over $8000 can. for a GS. hope this helps.<P>BTW: I personally think that the 92-93 models are the best i can't say there are any big issues in those models... just watch out for the ATX.
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by quadraphonic:<BR><STRONG>Andrew,<BR>On a side note.. I've enjoyed your Pumpkins website for a few years now. Great work!<P>I saw your name and thought, now where have I seen that before. <P>Cheers..<BR>Will</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thanks! :)<P>The site is still alive and kicking, just needs some content updating. So much to do, so little time.... :roll:
MazdaGirl

Post by MazdaGirl »

I payed $6300 with tax for my 1994 MX-3, it only had 88K on it.
fieval79
Supporting Member

Post by fieval79 »

4 years ago I paied $9000 USD for my 94 Mx-3, with 42,000 miles on it. I think I paid way too much for it too.......but now it's got 120,000 miles, and I paid it off......so it's MINE now... lol
jinu_chang

Post by jinu_chang »

seems a little high in the price.. I saw one for sale in Toronto for less clicks and after market parts as well. Keep looking around I'm sure you'll find a better price.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”