redline "?"

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
OsoSlo z28

redline "?"

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

is redline based on the strength of the motor or the strength of the tranny? i'm wondering cause i'm doing the 1.8 gtr swap and i want to know what to base my redline on. thanks for any help.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
RanMan

Re: redline "?"

Post by RanMan »

The redline is based on the motor. Also be sure to remember that you can still screw up an engine without redlining it.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i know the dogging the sh!t out of it can mess it up, but are you referring to something specific? by the way, thanks for the info
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

No problem. I was not referring to anything in specific. I just know that some people think that the redline is the exact point at which the engine will mess up. That is not true. The redline is the limit in which the engine is designed to not go any faster (RPM) safely. I also know that some people think that your engine will be fine regardless what you do, as long as you keep it below the redline. This is one of the MAIN reasons that most Camaros and Mustang 5.0's are ragged out. Many people are of the mentality "Ohhh...a Mustang.....let's floor it!". Anyways, hope this helps.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

yeah, i'm just trying to find out for dyno purposes, the occasional race, and to see if i can find gauges with the correct redline on it(doubt it). thanks again for the info.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”