New Mazda Kabura Concept (RX-8/MX-3 Cross)

A forum to discuss Future Mazda Models. Please keep the posts in this forumto Mazda models ONLY. Not other manufacturers models.
Thunderstorm

Post by Thunderstorm »

Curious.
No pictures of the vehicle, and the pundits describe it as a possible MX-3 replacement with a hint of RX-7.

Uh, I don't know why they think that.
It's a two seater for a start.
And there is no news on it's true body configuration.
Our MX-3s - you will all agree, are 2+2 seaters.
And you can actually carry 4 adults around the town / city at a pinch.
Our MX-3 was also designed to be quite a functional vehicle.
I am sure we also find them popular and useful because of their cargo carrying capabilities, despite the low sweeping shape that seems to suggest it can do NOTHING of the sort.
Bit of a Chameleon our MX-3.
It's replacaement should retain those qualities, along with a kick a-- shape.
I don't really think we want the Next MX-3 to be a 2 seater Nissan 350Z clone. With no other surprising configuration changing capabilities.

The existing MX-3 is good for going camping in 2 seater mode, that cargo space in the back is invaluable. That IS probably a major factor that made some people purchase an MX-3 instead of an MX-5.
MX-3s are practical, and admit it, you have at one time or another had the most smug look on your face when loading her up with things a similar sized vehicle of some other manufacturer would have balked.

Personally, I thought that the Mazda SENKU design was much closer spiritually to the MX-3. It's a true 4 seater.
It looks futuristic enough to end up unmodified on the set of I, Robot V.
Just as the existing MX-3 was used as a background vehicle in I, Robot too.

Shape wise, u can see MX-3 the next generation in SENKU.
It doesn't pretend to be the fastest ship on the block.
But it does have the original MX-3 "Shock & Awe" factor.
You see it, your jaw drops.
The rear clearly apes the MX-3 with it's spoiler, you can see how it has evolved to create a vehicle that looks like it flies, not drives.
Look at the rear window glass on SENKU, that is pure MX-3 continuity.
It screams welcome to the 21st Century.
It has a shape to die for.
The main attraction of the original MX-3 for me.

I haven't seen the side views of Kabura yet, but announcing that it is a 2 seater kinda makes it not quite an MX-3.

I absolutely love the fact that we can carry at least 3 passengers in relative comfort in the MX-3 - assuming the driver was so tall, he used up ALL the space behind him. Smaller drivers can carry 4 average sized passengers with ease. The MX-3 is a very functional vehicle.
It's replacement should, nay, MUST carry on that ethos.

Pardon the rambling, but i'm passionate about the design of the MX-3.

Thunderstorm
1998 MX-3 RS 1.6i DOHC "Blackbird". Totally Stock.

The 21st Century is a con; where is my Hovercar?!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058708
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

What is true tho....a good questions, why would they make it only a 2 seater RWD...with the Miata availalbe, it wouldn't make any sence. A 2 door 2+2 configuration would make alot of sence.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Just some images to add...

More Here
http://www.kaburaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

Looks like a shortened RX8 on steroids! Me like! :D
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

I don't think I would complain about having that parked in my driveway. I'm sure it would be a lot of fun to drive. I kinda like the styling of the Mazda Senku as well and wouldn't mind seeing a design that combined both styles together.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

hey, i'll be seeing that in person in 4 days. :D :P

i'll probably max out my 512mb memory knowing myself. i've got 3 sets of batteries charged and ready to go.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

ovendenk wrote:hey, i'll be seeing that in person in 4 days. :D :P

i'll probably max out my 512mb memory knowing myself. i've got 3 sets of batteries charged and ready to go.
Pick me up on your way bye! :P
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

looks like a cool car! but the front end... I dont no looks a little funky to me but i can live with it. but i love the idea of the side of the car slides in to get into the back thats cool!!
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
Neil

Post by Neil »

I see the mx-3 in it from the side picture but the giant rims make it look like a utility or offroad vehicle...

I'm not sure, myself i never really liked the RX-8 but i never disliked it at the same time.

This concept just seems to mixed up. So i'm going to leave my oponion at undecided. Maybe it'll grow on me

Edit: After looking at all the pictures, ive decided im just glad its not labled as an MX-3 because than i would be disapointed!
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

HEY GO TO THE SITE AND TALK ABOUT IT!! If mazda see's alot of responce to it they will make it! SO JOIN ME!!! lets start fresh with a new style MX-3! The more I read about it the more i want one!!
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

Legato626 wrote:HEY GO TO THE SITE AND TALK ABOUT IT!! If mazda see's alot of responce to it they will make it! SO JOIN ME!!! lets start fresh with a new style MX-3! The more I read about it the more i want one!!
i'm there! i just posted a couple posts over there. feel better now? :P
kevin (aka The Oven)
DJGypsy

Post by DJGypsy »

awesome look, powerful concept...

BUT...

you know they won't build it. why not? because it would sell to people like us like hot cakes. it also wouldn't guzzle gas, so that pisses off oil companies. the automotive business world seems to hate combinations of practicality and true sport, not SUV sport. it seems like every automaker has a retard gene.

here's a basic infraction list, it could go on nealr forever by now: look at dodge, they stopped making the SRT-4. honda? 2002 civic SI, YUCK, 'nuff said. ferrari? giving up clutch pedals for more paddle shifter wimpy-ness. chevy? no more camaro, but instead a corvette with MORE traction control BS, further dumbing down what's left of America's skilled drivers. toyota fell off the map and is making sedans you fall asleep behind the wheel of and SUVs that just get in everyone's way. scions just don't cut it. nissan? forget it, you have to be rich to go fast with them nowadays. mitsubishi forgot what an eclipse is SUPPOSED to be.

we need more cars like:
datsun 510
90's 240SX
70s-80's 280Z
prelude
late 90's eclipse (especially the GSX!!!)
92-95 civic hatchback
MX3's with 2.5L V6s STOCK
92-97probe GTs that are RWD

sorry about the rant, i'm just disgusted with where the automotive industry has been going for the past few years.

i side with you guys though, i really hopa mazda builds the Kabura. :D
Last edited by DJGypsy on January 13th, 2006, 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Dan
(SOLD) '94 RS, rebuilt B6 DOHC engine & cyl head, ACT clutch, e-bay CAI, 2 1/4" exhaust, wide open resonator w/ stock muffler, H&R springs, Tokico HPs, front strut tower brace, KVR drilled rotors w/ carbon fiber pads, Falken tires, Impostor lightweight wheels, Kenwood & MTX sound.

straights are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

you know they won't build it. why not? because it would sell to people like us like hot cakes. it also wouldn't guzzle gas, so that pisses off oil companies. the automotive business world seems to hate combinations of practicality and true sport, not SUV sport. it seems like every automaker has a retard gene. look at dodge, they stopped making the SRT-4. honda? 2002 civic SI, 'nuff said. ferrari? giving up clutch pedals for more paddle shifter wimpy-ness. chevy? no more camaro, but instead a corvette with MORE traction control BS, further dumbing down what's left of America's skilled drivers. toyota fell off the map and is making sedans you fall asleep behind the wheel of and SUVs that just get in everyone's way. scions just don't cut it. nissan? forget it, you have to be rich to go fast with them nowadays. mitsubishi forgot what an eclipse is SUPPOSED to be.

HAHA thats funny... But first dadge is a was of time. SRT-4 IT WAS A NEON!!!! nissan... screw them i hate there cars.... But for the kabura they should build it because they need a coupe. Cheapest thing they have is a $20k miata....

P.S. Honda SI.... :throwup:
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

detroit was great!! :D

kabura was even better. :P

pm me for pics and i'll send you the link once i have it set up.
kevin (aka The Oven)

Return to “Future Mazda Models”