help failed emission...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

MX3 GSR for dummies wrote: as long as your fuel injection system is programmed for high octane levels, in which the KL31, and KL36 are. 91 Octane would be suggested.
He's already stated he's using an American spec engine with an American spec ECU.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

MX3 GSR for dummies wrote: I must dissagree with lakersfan since High test will in fact help you pass, and more octane does mean a higher combustion rate, therefore hotter burning temperature
http://chemistry.about.com/library/week ... 100401.htm
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

lakersfan1 wrote:He's already stated he's using an American spec engine with an American spec ECU.
I totally overlooked this and I also looked at your link. The fuel regulations are obviously very inconsistant across the US. I would have to agree that there are some questionable additives in US high test but I know that adding Methol Hydrate will still improve test results drematically.
Thanks for the knowledge lakersfan...sometimes I overlook the fuel industry between countries. I was just basing my own findings with test results here in Canada. When I did my first e-test, back 4 years ago with my ZE, I failed with the regular gas, but then filled with 94 and passed. It just makes me wonder how different our fuels compare to others around the world. Maybe this is why they did not have a ZE in North America??? Doubt it though.
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

MX3 GSR for dummies wrote: I know that adding Methol Hydrate will still improve test results drematically.
Agreed. If he was using high test that was high test because it had a higher Ethanol or MTBE content, then it'd do better in emissions. But not all fuels in the U.S. contain Ethanol or MTBE, and even then it's usually only seasonal. If we're talking straight 100% GASOLINE 87 octane vs. 93 octane, the 87 octane will do better in emissions testing on the American spec. low compression Mazda engines.
purewhitemp5

guaranteed to pass

Post by purewhitemp5 »

If you go down to your local auto parts store and pick up a bottle of Guaranteed to pass. It works wonders. brought my gross polluting v-8 s-10 down to well under the max limits. Which is amazing since the readings were triple the max limit. I swear by the stuff !!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I wish our cars would work with bio diesel... someone invent bio gasoline ! :P
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”