Clutch fork is messed up.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
kev259

Clutch fork is messed up.

Post by kev259 »

Well my mx3 wouldn't get into gear the yesterday when I was at a intersection :( I took it to a shop, they said they think it's the clutch fork. Looks like I have to get a new clutch as well. Does 1278$ Sounds like too much to spend on this? I'm also wondering if anyone know's of a good auto shop I can go to that know's the klze/mx3 setup? I live in the Denver/Boulder area.

Thanks,
Kevin
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

that sounds a little steep. and i asume you are talking american. get a good aftermarket clutch for like $500 CND then ask them to change the clutch and the fork. it might be the labour that is killing you though so i would recomend you do it yourself, or get a friend to do it. but as for the klze aspect it would not worry about telling them it is a klze. it is the same but you would need a stronger clutch than the mx-3 clutch. i would look to make sure that when you press your clutch the cable connected to the front of the transmission is moving. then you would know it isn't a line blown. look in the online manual and it might help you save some money. just my 2 cents
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

93_mx3_gs

Post by 93_mx3_gs »

That sounds extremely steep.
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

750 for clutch with labour and another 2-300 for tranny fork with labour. You might want to look at a used tranny $400 plus $500 for clutch and labour would be cheap as it would just be a swap! If your tranny fork went then you might have been harsh on the tranny and it woiuld be a good idea to take a good look at that tranny inside too.
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
kev259

Post by kev259 »

Yeah I've gotta find somewhere else to take it. This place won't even let me buy a aftermarket clutch to put in there. They will only use theirs :( Damn, So anyone know of someone or some place that might be able to take care of this in the Denver Area?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”