blow valve with MAF??

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
forcedairram

i have no idea what you guys are talking about...

Post by forcedairram »

You can run a bov to atmosphere with a maf...you just need to take into account the little bit of air your gonna lose at idle...i myself have run a bov to atmosphere with a maf and had no problems with it...if you dont have any way of tuning your engine you will need to redirect the air from the blowoff valve back into your intake pipe(the one between the air filter and turbo) after the maf so as not to change the air that it has already metered..as far as where the maf and bov is located on the pipe it isnt really critical. if you use the stock maf you will have to put it on the turbo inlet side...however you can use a potentiometer to change the voltage output of the maf and mount it on the hot side of the ic pipes....however this is only recomended for those who are more advanced in electronics than the average person...bov can be mounted anywhere on the output side of the turbo with the understanding that the closer to the throttle body the better...
Domnknpimp

Post by Domnknpimp »

the best way to run it on these cars is with the maf as close to the tb as possible, and the bov right before that. it works beutifully, and if u get any problems w/ your IC pipes (eg. pipes blow out) your car will drive perfectly. i dont care what anybody says blah blah blah thats how i have mine right now and i'll take pictures .... it runs perfect.

Return to “Forced Induction”