Digital Dash

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
FlyVFR
Supporting Member

Digital Dash

Post by FlyVFR »

Anyone know if there is a digital dash available for the MX-3?
Stock 92 MX-3 GS
93 MX-3 GS KLZE
98 BMW 328IS
81 Trans AM NASCAR Pace Car
80 Trans Am INDY Pace Car
www.MyMX3.com Domain For Sale!
My Feedback File
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

You can get digital instruments that are universal but these are not accurate readings as the signal is intermidant so it is almost better to stay with the original unless you just want a knight rider look to impress the ladies :pimp:
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Or, you can get a megasquirt and a car PC :)
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

Custommx3 wrote:Or, you can get a megasquirt and a car PC :)
OOOHHHH YEEAAAH :pimp:
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
FlyVFR
Supporting Member

Post by FlyVFR »

MX3 GSR for dummies wrote:You can get digital instruments that are universal but these are not accurate readings as the signal is intermidant so it is almost better to stay with the original unless you just want a knight rider look to impress the ladies
:lol: LOL... At my age it will take more than a really cool dash to impress the ladies.

I see there is not much out there for the MX-3. The Megasquirt would be a fun toy to have :o I'm not very familiar with it, but it looks like there is an option for a Magaview LCD display that can be incorporated in a custom digital dash. I'm also a fan of the C4 Corvette LCD style instrumentation.

Well, I will keep looking for anything already out there. Meanwhile I'll toy with the idea and if there is enough interest I may start a new project.

Thanks guys. Keep me posted.
Last edited by FlyVFR on December 28th, 2005, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stock 92 MX-3 GS
93 MX-3 GS KLZE
98 BMW 328IS
My Feedback File
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

the ony way to get it compleatly accturate is to order them from dakota digital they make custome ditigal gauges for hot rods they can even make a mount to fit inb the oem hole
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

reaper of souls wrote:the ony way to get it compleatly accturate is to order them from dakota digital they make custome ditigal gauges for hot rods they can even make a mount to fit inb the oem hole
i'm going digital in the near future and probably with dakota digital for their quality. for us, it would be about $825 usd for a 5 gauge custom install where you send your bezel and they install the gauges. i talked to them and they said they couldn't do a 6 gauge into our cluster because it wouldn't all fit. i'm probably gonna get a premade 6 gauge cluster that would require some trimming.

the thing i like is all the performance features you get with their systems. like a 0-60 timer, 1/4 mile time and speed, customizable warning points, etc. check it out.

gauges:
http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/ ... prd214.htm

features:
http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm? ... ticle_id=9
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
FlyVFR
Supporting Member

Post by FlyVFR »

The Dakota products are a good source. The computer is definitely a nice toy to have.

I may end up designing my own digital cluster, if I become motivated enough. Recently I began to look into technical requirements for the task at hand.
Stock 92 MX-3 GS
93 MX-3 GS KLZE
98 BMW 328IS
My Feedback File
freakyalien

Post by freakyalien »

I'd very much like to see someone do a custom job on their own car...Keep us posted!
Vroooom
FlyVFR
Supporting Member

Post by FlyVFR »

I will update hopefully with progressively good news.

I'm looking for a complete 92 or 93 stock gauge cluster with or without instuments. If anyone has one available let me know. Thanks :!:
Stock 92 MX-3 GS
93 MX-3 GS KLZE
98 BMW 328IS
My Feedback File

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”