75 shot questions

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
onderground_mx3

75 shot questions

Post by onderground_mx3 »

so i got a wickid offer on a NOS nitrous kit 75 jet and its a dry shot .....my question is what precautions will i ahve to take from keeping my motor from going boom....what kind of tming retardations and fuel compensations am i going to have to make to run the dry 75 shot
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

First off, What engine, whatd the condition of the engine and how do you drive?

Start with retarding the timing a few degrees ( id start with 4 degrees, yes i know its alot, but after a pull check the plugs and if everything looks good add a degree or 2 until you start to see detonation and then pull it back a degree.)
Fuel- cant hurt to get a fuel pressure regulator and bump the pressure a few psi.

At least 1 Step colder plugs along with a good tuneup. ( Fuel filter, cap, rotor,pcv valve, wires(if needed) plugs a step colder ( get a few sets).
If you have any motor problems i suggest getting them fixed before spraying, or else your just sending the motor to an early grave. Cant hurt to look into a better managment set up, or atleast a 5th (0r 7th) injector setup.
Oh and search.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

As far as i know Advancing the timing to much causes ping...and retarding to much causes it to run flat. When you advance the spark fires sooner BTDC.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
onderground_mx3

Post by onderground_mx3 »

i will be running it on a brand new ZE
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

dont buy that kit. you will blow your motor faster than you can hit the button. you dont want a dry Kit . You want a Wet kit. unless you have extra fuel being delivered when you hit the button, your motor wont take it very well. and wont handle much.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Unless you already have all the Electronics, and every fuel upgrade (Like if you went custom turbo) You want a WET kit.

Return to “Forced Induction”