whats wrong with gm especially cavy?

Off-Topic Discussions
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

sure yah the 350z is amazing but i donno im almost too big for one. i am 6'3 and in a 350z the shoulder room wasnt there same with the headroom. so the cobalt comforts me in all those. the cobalt has alot of potential and well seeing i would be able to get parts for cost with an additonal 10% off it wouldnt take me much to make it really move :twisted:
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

cdngrl420 wrote:In my economics class in college I learned that american cars after 1994 were made to last 7 years after 7 years they were made to mechanically have failures to help the economy by having people go to mechanics more or buy a new car. Oh and NOT all American cars suck just the newer ones I will never own a domestic just because of the reputation and because of personal experiences, my next car will either be a honda or a toyota probably a toyota.

ha ha thats funniest crap ive heard so far
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

95 rs wrote:im just going for the cobalt because no one here has 1. there are 2 vipers, 2 350zs, 2 or 3 rx7s, 2 rx8s, like i just want to have something that no one else has. id love to have any one of those cars but i also want to be original. they have the new solstise comming here in january and they have 11 people wanting it. i just wanna be the guy that has the cobalt ss supercharged. they are a nice car and a very fun car to drive and my bro works at gm so i get parts dirt cheap. an oil filter costs $2.00 i cant go wrong. and well with me at ford they dont have anything that i like ( that i can afford). if i had $50 000 id be all over the new shelby gt 500 in a heart beat but i cant so im going with something that has warranty, cheap on parts, and will last me a few years. thats all and well i might still keep the mx3 im not sure. i ll either keep it or sell it and get a 65 chevy flareside truck and put a 572 in it i dont know but i just need something that im not throwing my money into. like all the repairs i have gone through in the past year alone is enough for me. i ve gone through 2 motors, 3 trannies, struts, springs, 2 axels, timing belt, water pump, clutch. i love the car but would you spend just about $8000 in repais on your mx3 or would you rather spend that money on a newer vehicle with warranty and dont have to worry if something breaks becasue someone else is paying for it? so thats why im getting it and not the rx 7 orrx or any of the other cars you mentioned.

I'd much rather spend $8000 on my Turtle and get it up to speed. You talked about getting a warranty, but if you modify your car or they detect a lot of WOT when they scan the ECU they will void your warranty. That happened to a lot of people with EVO 8's I was reading about. They went in for factory repairs and their ECU indicated the car had been driven hard and possibly raced. Newer ECU's record all so beware!!!
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Actually cadillac has been doing that since, I believe, the early-mid 90's.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

sexy_mx3 wrote:All he has done since he bought it, was replace the engine
hhahaha...thats it? The engine is all you replaced? Thats like..nuthin.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

changin the engine is a big ''fix'' and could have gone more unless he drove the absolute piss out of it but hey its got 275,000 kms on it so its uderstandable to replce it but i would have just gotten a new car if i was swappin it and there wasnt a better engine to put in like the kl-ze in the mx-3. wow it probly looks like im tryin to defend gm in every possible way well i am but im bein honest about it
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

A Cavy is more of a chick's car
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
cdngrl420

Post by cdngrl420 »

In all honesty I only bought the mx3 because it was in awesome condition for an 11 year old car, and figured it would make a good project because of its rarity. I did not do much research into it but other then the whole issue I had with the alternator/belts I have had no serious issues with it, I would rather buy a low end import like a civic or a corrolla than a higher end domestic, when it comes to cars their fast, cheap or reliable you can have 2 of those but you have all three.
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Ive got a 98 cavi, the thing is horrible. After I got rid of the mx, my parents sort of had an "extra car" so I bought it for a grand. The thing has had about 3 clutches, master cylinders and slave cylinders as well, and yes i do know how to drive. 3 steering racks and its going again. I dont remember what else ive replace on this thing but the parts are just absolute garbage. From what I hear around the 1998 is the worst ones made. I only bought it because I bought a bike and couldnt afford anything else. O well, atleast its 5 speed for now.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

hahah oh yeah one thing...

Americans

Can't

Build

CARS
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

The only american car company I like is GM, it's like all of you are saying i am an american car lover when i am not especially Dodge, i HATE Dodge (as you can tell from my sig although that is quoted by my friend) I wanna burn every single dodge and make sure there is no trace of them leftover EXCEPT the SRT-4 we just have not had good luck with our dodge but I dont like all of GM i am not a fan of all there newer stuff except some like ex. the cobalt. Actually the more I think there isnt a whole lot I like about them but still enough to make me like them.......I still like Nissan better

*edited*
Last edited by fieromx3 on December 13th, 2005, 9:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

fieromx3 wrote:the only american car company i like is gm its like all of u are sayin im an american car lover im not especially dodge i HATE dodge (as u can tell from my sig although that is quoted by my friend) i wanna burn every single dam dodge and make sure there is no trace of them leftover EXCEPT the srt-4 but i dont like all im not a fan of there newer stuff well actually the more i think there isnt a hole lot i like about them but still enough.......i still like nissan betta

Punctuation is our friend, please don’t abuse it.
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

what u mean by that like usin short form? instead of you i say u that stuff?
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

Aveo = toyota technology
Optra = Daewoo copy cat
Cobalt = anybody know?
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Typhoonk wrote:Cobalt = anybody know?
http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/031229-6.htm
The Cobalt is built on the same "Delta" platform as the Saturn Ion (but with a steel unitbody rather than a steel spaceframe with plastic body panels) and will offer the same base 2.2 litre "Ecotec" four cylinder engine in base, LS and LT trim levels.
http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/se ... t_mazda_3/
the Cobalt has no corporate twin, although it was developed from the same platform as the uninspiring Saturn Ion.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Off-Topic”