new wireing harness

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
CarMan1

new wireing harness

Post by CarMan1 »

ok, when i do my swap this summer, going from 1.6 to 1.8...

im thinking about just running the correct harness for the engine, and taking my SOHC one out.. how hard is it to run a new one? im guessing the most difficult part would be getting everything back into the car..

i mean, would i have to pull anything out of the dash, or do anything like that? or would it just be easier to mod my harness, which ive never done?
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Just make it easy on yourself and if you can get the right ECU and harness, just switch them over.

Once the engine is out- you can change the harness in less than 10 minutes. It unplugs from the ECU and comes out thru a hole & grommet in the the firewall.

Here is the hole, actually, taken during my swap.

Here is the harness:

Some people choose to keep their SOHC harness and run a few extra wires... but that just leaves room for error in my opinion. Just get the right ECU and harness and you will thank me.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

i agree what with atlantamx3 said easiest plug/play swap i've ever done.

1.8 BP
BP Harness
BP ECU

You got yourself a BP-powered MX-3
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Shades

Post by Shades »

Plus if you get the right ECU for the engine it should run the way it should, getting the right fuel, air and spark.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”