New Member here

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
j'smx

New Member here

Post by j'smx »

I've been looking at this site for quite awhile. It will be a great help I'm sure.

I see that there are alot of meets happening, I guess more during the summer months. I hope to make it to one or two.

J
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

really good ppl here and yea alot of meets....usually been pretty dead lately ig uess ppl r takin a break for now but if u wanna meet organize one. just set a date, time and place and havin ideas what to do can really help. come to some meets and meet ppl they r really nice and willing to help
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Hi and welcome!

During the winter, there are alot less meets, but we do normally organise get togethers over the course of the winter. It's just that as the weather gets colder and darker sooner, meets become much less refrequent.

For help, this site definitely is, but please try to use the search function as much as possible, alot of the basic questions have been done to death, and some of the senior members do get irritated repeating the same answers every few weeks, or sometimes every few days.

Where do you live exactly? Hopefully we'll see you at more than a few meets. Never be affraid to some if your car is completely stock, new members are always welcome with open arms. Alot of new members are usually intimidated and/or embarassed to coming to the meets, but you must remember, our cars started out stock in one form or another, the meets are a great way to get ideas, some help and some inpiration.[/url]
Last edited by Nd4SpdSe on November 30th, 2005, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

like my stock car!!!...........well almost
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

fieromx3 wrote:like my stock car!!!...........well almost
yah U like your stock car! no one here likes a stock car thats why we put ze's in them lol
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Welcome to MX-3.com. Like someone asked, post your location in the profile section, as well, there is a contact list (stickied at the top) for those inclined to provide a little more info for point of contact and meet purposes. Appears to be a safe venture and haven't heard of any abuse so far. And welcome again "J".
*John*
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Wow, i checked the contact list and your all the way in Kemptville, so I stand corrected, your really far what I wouldn't expect you to come to meets regularly, but you may want to keep your eye out for the Ottawa Mazda Meet that we have, it's an annual event organised by the Rx7club.com members usually in mid-May.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
j'smx

Post by j'smx »

I am planning on moving further west in February. It would be in Cobourg or Oshawa area. When I do, I will be changing my address on the Contact List.

J
bushidosword

Post by bushidosword »

hey man ur not too far from me! :) kemptville = 35-40 minutes, im in brockville!
Forum Moderator

Re: New Member here

Post by jschrauwen »

j'smx wrote:I see that there are alot of meets happening,
Then you've probably noticed that we've had a couple of successfull meets here in the Bellevile area with relative good turn-outs. It appears that a few more from the surrounding area have just surfaced so it bodes well for having some of our own smaller mini meets when there are no scheduled activities in the Toronto area.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
j'smx

Post by j'smx »

Well if I move to Cobourg I should be able to go to any meets around Belleville, Kingston and so forth. The meet that you had a BBQ in Hamilton I think it was, that sounds good - should have more of those.

J
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

in like 6 months we can unless u wanna bbq in the snow lol well when it start clearin up next year and gets warm again me and krish(kp2t) were thinkin of a LONG cruise that would eat an entire weekend maybe ud be interested in somethin like that? im assuming cuz i haven been to meets in the winter yet usually we would do somethin small like go for a lil drive and go get somethin to eat and talk and all.
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Welcome J!

Kemptville is a great little town. I love "Graham's Bakery". Was there just 2 wks ago. Too bad you didn't come on sooner, I could have met up with you. Maybe in a couple of weeks I'll stop by Grahams and maybe we can meet up then.

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
j'smx

Post by j'smx »

Thanks Deb

Sure when you are thinking of driving up around this area - let me know - we can have a coffee together

J
den

Post by den »

Do I have to sign up for meets or just show up with my COMPLETELY STOCK CAR. Oh man, I'm gonna feel so embarassed with my stock car at these meets for sure but atleast I'll meet new friends who have damn sick cars and hope to learn more things from you guys.
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS 5 speed
Reverse glow gauge, Custom CAI, Cross drilled rotors. Toucan front strut tower bar, Custom circular ground wires, Custom exhaust w/ stainless oval dual tip muffler, Custom blue turn indicator lights on gauge panel and switches, performance steering wheel, Pacesetter short shifter

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”