1.8 Flywheel question Please ALL HELP NEEDED!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
neverenuff
Supporting Member

1.8 Flywheel question Please ALL HELP NEEDED!!

Post by neverenuff »

Ok gettin my clutch replaced and my repair man said I should get a new flywheel. I know I could just get old one cut but I want an aftermarket one not OEM. So this brings me to my question. I did a search and well I cant find a manu for a 1.8 V6 at all no one seems to make them. Is there any copany that makes one? I did read a post a while back were someone said a 2.5 mx6/probe flywheel would fit but not sure how true this is. If anyone could help with this it would be great. Thnx in advance.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

A probe flywheel will fit..but it is heavier than the stock 1.8 flywhee. you dont want that.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well get a fidenza for a 2.5 :)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

Thnx for the help thats just what I needed. And I agree this should be a sticky or in the FAQ sec.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Personal preference is the 9LB Fidanza, although it does state it's for the MX6 I believe it's still a straight bolt up to any of the KL engines (KL08 included). Should hold up well enough since the MX3 is a lighter car than the PGT. When the night owl comes out (Patdiesel), I'm sure he can confirm. :wink:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Patdiesel doesnt have a fidanza but i do :)

They are in lack of a better word AMAZING but you can say good bye to 1st or 2nd gear cause they will no longer exist, with my new klze i rev to 7k rpms in the blink of an eye in both 1st and 2nd thats no lie
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Mnemonic wrote:Patdiesel doesnt have a fidanza but i do :)

They are in lack of a better word AMAZING but you can say good bye to 1st or 2nd gear cause they will no longer exist, with my new klze i rev to 7k rpms in the blink of an eye in both 1st and 2nd thats no lie
Don't tell me that now!!!! My Fidanza should be here in the mail within a day or two. I already don't like the way I have to snap through the first 2 gears with the 1.8L FW on my ZE and now your telling me I'm going to have to shift quicker/sooner? I've gotta get another tranny with the 4:11 final drive just to compensate. You guys down south seem to have a pipeline to the nice tranny's - let me know when another surfaces or becomes available .... PLEASE!! ..... LOL
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

i have a gift for finding things :wink:

i havent had a chance to floor the car since i litterally just did the swap, but there is no 1st or 2nd gear, you fly right through it, thats gonna happen with a lighten flywheel anyway you have less inertial load and rotating mass giving the car a quicker rev, easier shifting, down shifting, etc.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

jschrauwen wrote:Personal preference is the 9LB Fidanza, although it does state it's for the MX6 I believe it's still a straight bolt up to any of the KL engines (KL08 included). Should hold up well enough since the MX3 is a lighter car than the PGT. When the night owl comes out (Patdiesel), I'm sure he can confirm. :wink:
oh and john, what is a kl08 ;)
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

babyblueMX3 wrote:
jschrauwen wrote:Personal preference is the 9LB Fidanza, although it does state it's for the MX6 I believe it's still a straight bolt up to any of the KL engines (KL08 included). Should hold up well enough since the MX3 is a lighter car than the PGT. When the night owl comes out (Patdiesel), I'm sure he can confirm. :wink:
Yes. Inquiring minds want to know.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

SPEC Clutch company also makes a performance Flywheel for the 1.8L.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Mazda - MX-3
Application: Flywheels
Year Span Engine Aluminum Flywheel
1992 1995 1.8L (part #) SZ32A
Pricing: $389
Their clutch kits are top quality- so I would imagine their flywheels are too.

http://www.specclutch.com/csproductinfo ... =flywheels
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

lakersfan1 wrote:
babyblueMX3 wrote:
Yes. Inquiring minds want to know.
Oh Oh, am I in trouble now? :oops: Would I remove confusion by saying K8? .... sorry

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”