Questions, for everyone and some for Canadians

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Matt_vn

Questions, for everyone and some for Canadians

Post by Matt_vn »

Hey <P>This is my first post and I was so happy to find a whole page dedicated to the precidia.<BR>Anywho.<P>I am currently in the market for a MX-3, however I do have a few questions.<P>1) Is the 4 cyl. a decent engine for this car. Does it perform somewhat respectably. Like could I beat another stock civic. I know I would rather get the V6 but if the 4 cyl available before a V6 I might pick it up.<P>2) Are mods availabe readily for this car. None of the magaizines really have any thing about them.<P><BR>3) The best year? I can afford between a 92 - maybe a 94, which is the best or is there not many differences?<P>4) I am just wondering, I see some HUGE spoilers or wings or whatever you wanna call them on the hatches. Does a huge one make it hard for the struts to hold open the hatch or what.<P>Now for you fellow Canadians, where do you think is the best market to buy an MX-3? Here is Saskatchewan it sucks, way over priced. You are luck if you can find any model, any year under 9000 dollars. I would go as far as Ontario/BC to actually buy one if I had a trusted report about what the car was like and knew there would be no surprises, and it was an awsone deal.<P>[ October 11, 2001: Message edited by: Matt_vn ]<p>[ October 11, 2001: Message edited by: Matt_vn ]
prasie the lowered
killerpickle

Re: Questions, for everyone and some for Canadians

Post by killerpickle »

Okay,<BR> <BR>first off, I would have to whole-heartedly recommend the V6. It is such a nice engine...very smooth, and with a simple PRM intake it sounds very intimidating...<BR>Umm, the 4cyl version...well...its not nearly as nice as the 6. If you are looking for speed then the GS is your best bet. <P>As for mods...well, just take a look around at peoples websites see what they have done...go to <A HREF="http://www.corksport.com" TARGET=_blank>www.corksport.com</A> and see what parts are readily available. The thing with this car is that, you could go out and buy a civic....there nice looking cars and pretty fast, and you can buy parts for them at a 7-11...but .... then again... everyone and there nephew has one... <P>THere is actually a big difference between the 92-93 models and the 94+ models... well the engine and all mechanical stuff is basically the same. The interior is a lot nicer in the 94 + model...more rounded, a nicer more modern design. Also a different spoiler. For me I prefer the 93 spoiler...and I like the 94 interior. Though the 93 interior is still nice (i have it :)<P>For pricing...I bought mine in hamilton...the cheapest ones you can find arguably well be in Toronto and around. Use <A HREF="http://www.automart.ca" TARGET=_blank>www.automart.ca</A> or <A HREF="http://www.autotrader.ca" TARGET=_blank>www.autotrader.ca</A> <P>Do a search for the spoiler weight hatch thingy I think that was mentioned either here or in the yahoo forums..<P><BR>Hope this all helps..
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
kalynn12

Post by kalynn12 »

Winnipeg has a fair number. When I got mine a couple months ago I had the choice of 5. There is always one for sale and at good prices.
YES this IS my car, NO you can't drive it.<P>Jessica McDowell<BR>1993 MX-3 RS<BR>ICQ:111958082
sk94gs

Post by sk94gs »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Matt_vn:<BR>[QB]<BR>Now for you fellow Canadians, where do you think is the best market to buy an MX-3? Here is Saskatchewan it sucks, way over priced. You are luck if you can find any model, any year under 9000 dollars. <P><BR>Hey Matt_vn, I know what you're talking about. I'm from Swift Current, I bought my silver '94 GS about 2 years ago at Ens Lexus Toyota in Saskatoon. I paid a pretty penny for it then, but it's loaded and in great shape and I couldn't resist. But I probably wouldn't have purchased an MX-3 if it was only a 4 cyclinder or if didn't have all the options. I haven't done much for upgrades, just tinted the hatch and put some rear mudguards on. As far as reliability goes, it's been great. I've only had to replace the usual parts that wear out over time (muffler, exhaust pipe, tires, cv boot).

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”