Nishimura Mazda Sports Tuning Logo ??

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Ray

Nishimura Mazda Sports Tuning Logo ??

Post by Ray »

Hi
Does anyone know how the NMST logo looked like ?
Thanks
Last edited by Ray on November 20th, 2005, 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ray
2.5L if you try - you can't without it
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Wow- not too many people are even going to know what that means unless they have been around a while...

Nishimura Mazda Sports Tuning was an "inside joke" that Vaughn came up with with the guys at Lazer Auto because he both pioneered and engineered so many things for the MX-3 and Mazdas in General for himself and for others.

Its been a while since I've seen the logo... but it included the Japanese flag if I remember correctly.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Ray

Post by Ray »

Yes, my thought was that as I have repainted my car metallic red, and I have no signs / emblems anywhere, I would like to have just that as a small "hint" on the back, I have just finished my KLZE swap, with curved neck, headers 3" stainless exhaust (Turbo later), Quaife diff, black alcantara seats.
As I recall you're right about the sun, I've tried an email to the very old email adress to V.Nishimura, but I don't think it is in use anymore.
Ray
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

That does go back a few years. Had to look of some back up tapes but found a copy of the file.

atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Lets try that again, Vaughn... Yahoo doesnt like to host photos.

Here it is in White:

Here it is in black:

8)
~Perry
Please visit
Ray

Post by Ray »

GREAT just the thing !!
Thanks Guys :D :D :D
Ray
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Ray- You might want to get Vaughn's approval to replicate that logo before you actually do it.

("Yoda" is Vaughn, BTW)

8)
~Perry
Please visit
Ray

Post by Ray »

OK I'll send an email/PM to him regarding the issue and if he has anything against it I'll respect that, flat out !!
I'll also find and attatch a piture of my car from this summer, I have the Pakfeifer set on it..
:D

Update: have send email but can't attache picture.
Ray
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

atlantamx3 wrote: ("Yoda" is Vaughn, BTW)
8)
:shock: I didn't know that. I remember going through some very insightfull articles years ago from him. From Montreal right???
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

I have no problem with using the logo if it is for non commercial purposes.

Your from Denmark. I was in Århus and Billund a few years ago. I stopped to talk to a guy in a car park in the Århus city center about his MX-3. I guess he knew of me via of the net and was surprised the I would be in Denmark.
Ray wrote:OK I'll send an email/PM to him regarding the issue and if he has anything against it I'll respect that, flat out !!
I'll also find and attatch a piture of my car from this summer, I have the Pakfeifer set on it..
:D

Update: have send email but can't attache picture.
Ray

Post by Ray »

Well the next time you decide to spend time here I'll be happy order a beer or two, it's a small country and most of us have family and friends in the major city's.
We have an local/national general mazda site call'd http://www.mazda-style.dk its only just over an year old but things are going good..
-- Picture removed by RAY -- The KLZE swap is increasing here in Europe, ther's a guy called Bastian in the Netherlands that have done about 15 for locals and germans, I bought mine from him ½ year ago, he import them by him self, a good guy - I think he's got an Eaton kompressor on his now.
Thanks for taking the time...
Ray
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

I don't get out in the field much anymore although I would like to go back to Europe again. One of the funniest things about this thread is that I have received several message from people asking for my parts catalogue because they read on MX-3.com that I have parts for the MX-3. Don't people comprehended what they read or do they only want to read what they want to see. I do have a pretty comprehensive catalogue of machining and production drawings for parts for all the BG 323 base cars especially the MX-3 for obvious reasons and a lot of other cars that there wasn't any aftermarket support. Back then was the MX-3 was still the the dealers showrooms may of the drawing were actually in the hands of several mass market aftermarket parts manufactures. What killed almost all these parts was actually the MX-3 community fighting with itself and certain speed shops that were trying to get an exclusive deal from the manufacture on these parts.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”