Well here is some pictures of my prototype intercooler setup

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
XxantwawnxX

Well here is some pictures of my prototype intercooler setup

Post by XxantwawnxX »

I wanted a one sided intercooler...but my friend just got a normal one in and i was usring it to measure my pipe set up today.(if i cant find a onesided small intercooler) So here is sumthing similar to what it wil look like when i run it. I dont have any 2.5 inch couplers yet so i just kinda stuck it in place how it mightn look like. and im mising the u bend for the outlet...but u can see how it might look.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
em-ex-3

Post by em-ex-3 »

i like they way yu held it up Lol...
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Oh yes, nothing but quality!! : P :lol:

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

nice work!!!

what are the dimensions of that intercooler?
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

where's your turbo located ?
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Almost same place as urs. The outlet of the turbo goes straight down and through a hole i cut in the wall. then the outlet of the intercooler comes back and goes through a diff hole (the holes are near each otther) Oh the turbo was no inthe car at that time.

27 inches long...6.5 high....3.5 thick.

solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Nice, I know someone that did the exact setup on his, worked well I take it
mazdachad

Post by mazdachad »

I gota mx6/probe intercooler and both ends are on one side and its smaller i dont know if youve checked them out. My bpt swap isnt done so its not in yet so im not positive on how it fits.
94 green rs
92 black gs project bpt. daily driven bpt in a gs...lovin the boost
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

hmm honestly, If I had a V6 I wouldn't even mess with an intercooler. I would have a 50/50 Water/Alcohol injection setup with a small IC piping run. Way cheaper then having to do all the IC piping, and a Water injection setup costs as much as an IC. Like $250. And Then you have less lag, a cleaner engine, no carbon buildup, and an awesome sleeper.... he he he
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

BuGS wrote:hmm honestly, If I had a V6 I wouldn't even mess with an intercooler. I would have a 50/50 Water/Alcohol injection setup with a small IC piping run. Way cheaper then having to do all the IC piping, and a Water injection setup costs as much as an IC. Like $250. And Then you have less lag, a cleaner engine, no carbon buildup, and an awesome sleeper.... he he he
or you use both :D
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Haha yes, thats the way to think babyblue, lol.

mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

hmm what about your rebar :confused2:
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

mrspanky79 wrote:hmm what about your rebar :confused2:

IMO, in terms of personal safety, the re-bar doesn't do much. It;s plastic and only intended for low speed (5MPH) impacts if im not mistaken. Although any little fender bender can be costly without it.

I lost my rear re-bar with the installation of the Erebuni #358 rear bumper which has a slimmer profile. So far so good.... (fingers X).
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Yea i can loose the bar if i want (with my old KIT i had no bar for like a year) but i did some measurements today, and if i make th epipes a tad bit lower (mostly the top one) then i can keep the rebar.

mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

well here is some resons to have one, the smallest crash would smash up all the turbo work and probley the engine. Insurance would not cover you and last the main reason i make a new one that was smaller and stronger for mine was to help keep the front and solid/less flex and give.
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”