What subs will work?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
MX-SLICK

Post by MX-SLICK »

no, i have ran subs with 200 watts rms on an orion 2500 watt mono amp. It wont hurt anything, but in a lower powered system you should ball park the ratings of the amp and the subs (id go with any subs rated from 150-300 watts rms...and try to get the more sensitive ones higher than 90db sensitivity) but its really not critical to perfectly match numbers. You will know when a sub is being overdriven...it will sound like a-- as high volumes...
94' MX3 GS atx
93 geo storm GSi
99' Ford ZX2 mtx
2001 honda CBR 600
2000 kawasaki kx 500 MX
kevio180

Post by kevio180 »

cool, thanks, I just got 2 subs, 175RMS each so I guess it will work. I don't need that great of sound as I really don't feel like playing mad loud music on my way to buy milk at the store or somthing. thanks for all the input, helped alot
freakyalien

Post by freakyalien »

reaper of souls wrote:stay with the fosgates and get a better amp sorry but legacy amps aren't all that great for driving subs and a 4 channel amp at that your better off getting a mono block amp for your subs and using the 4 channel for your speakers just rember to turn down the gain so you don't cook your speakers
Like he said...use the amp for your speakers, get something else for your subs
Vroooom

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”