Front brakes

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
den

Front brakes

Post by den »

Hi guys,
I need to change the front calipers coz they are starting to make squeeling noise. I need some walkthrough on how to change the front calipers. Is it easy? Do I need special tools for this? I might also change the rotors, maybe you could also give me some infos for this.

I could have brought it to a mechanic but I am kinda broke right now. Thank you!
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS 5 speed
Reverse glow gauge, Custom CAI, Cross drilled rotors. Toucan front strut tower bar, Custom circular ground wires, Custom exhaust w/ stainless oval dual tip muffler, Custom blue turn indicator lights on gauge panel and switches, performance steering wheel, Pacesetter short shifter
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

well i dunno how to do it cuz id have to look at them myself but if ur unsure im sure u can get someone in ur area to help u change them for very little or no money at all. there is a few mx-3ers around the gta so if ur lucky u can get the help.
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Use the online shop manual located on the main page of MX-3.com.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
den

Post by den »

Thanks guys. Wow that online shop manual is awesome. Thanks again.
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS 5 speed
Reverse glow gauge, Custom CAI, Cross drilled rotors. Toucan front strut tower bar, Custom circular ground wires, Custom exhaust w/ stainless oval dual tip muffler, Custom blue turn indicator lights on gauge panel and switches, performance steering wheel, Pacesetter short shifter
93_mx3_gs

Post by 93_mx3_gs »

might as well change the rotors. If you get OEM replacements from like autozone, they are only like 29.99 a side in the front and 17.99 in the back or...get some slotted/cross drilled for some better braking power for up around 2 - 300.oo
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Are you sure you need to replace the calipers? it's probably just the pads...
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

93_mx3_gs wrote:might as well change the rotors. If you get OEM replacements from like autozone, they are only like 29.99 a side in the front and 17.99 in the back or...get some slotted/cross drilled for some better braking power for up around 2 - 300.oo
I wouldn't worry about slotted or drilled. Especially on our cars where the front discs are so damned small. I wish I had $1K to get the big brake kit from CorkSport.
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Really easy to change. Just need a socket wrench and a few sockets for the job.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”