Front fascia mod for a bpt

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mx3chemist

Front fascia mod for a bpt

Post by mx3chemist »

Okay, so I want to put a bpt into an SOHC 1.6L MX. What is the best front bumper fascia that will allow me to install the intercooler and keep my a/c evaporator core. I know there needs to be some extra space there and none of the manufacturers mention that. Anybody know? I know for a fact that I can move the whole thing back to accomodate the IC, but I'd like to know which fascia has more room in the back-side. Thanks for the help. BTW visit my metal band's site in you spare time if you like. http://www.silenteve.com
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

you're gonna have to hack up anybumper you get i think, if you want a decent sized intercooler. i went with mazdaspeed because it looks good.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

ya, Mazdaspeed prolly works the best/looks the best in my Opinion. Was easy to fit the piping ect...
mx3chemist

Post by mx3chemist »

Thanks again. You guys are the masters when it comes to the MX-3. I like the mazdaspeed fascia the best as far as looks, but the B-2 looked like it might have more room. The mazdaspeed unit has more clearance and the last thing I want to do is scrape the road eveytime I have to go across a speed bump or RR tracks!!! I made the really bad mistake of lowering my RX-7 and actually got it stuck on a RR crossing! OUCH!!! I won't do that again. :shock:

mx3chemist
1993 mx3 SOHC 1.6L
jay@silenteve.com
http://www.silenteve.com
StylinMike

Post by StylinMike »

hahaha, must have scared the s--- out of you...

Return to “Forced Induction”