snow tires

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
dotcom

snow tires

Post by dotcom »

How is the Mx-3 in the white stuff? any recommends for rim size tire brand would be great. New to site Thanks
happyclown

Post by happyclown »

last winter was my first winter in it, and i found some 14 steeles with winters on em and used those...its got such a light rear end so if your good you can get some decent slides around turn and just floor it outa them :lol:

make sure you practice in a parkin lot or something before you pull stunts like that, and never do it if there are other drivers on the road :x

some kid in my town tryin to be cool had a bunch of people hop in his jetta so he could f--- around... (rumor has it, he was racin) and he zoomed right off the road at 100... real cool :evil:

anyway... :roll: im lookin to buy some winters on the gs rims, is that what you've got?

ive got balding 195/50 15 rubber...would 195/70 15 winters fit? I think it would rub on the spring guard thing right?
1993 RS Teal
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Lotsa spinning if you have a ZE :)

Whatever you drive, snow tires make a HUGE difference, I swear by them. When i bought my Mx-3, it came with a set of snow's, I took then of early the first year and we got more snow, I couldn't believe the difference.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Mexos

Post by Mexos »

I'm driving around on 195,60R15 Nokian Tyres. Still waiting for the snow to arive, but it has been some cold mornings here and the handbrake has been more on than off when driving around on parkinglots :P
Looking good.
X: 1992 Mx3 Gs.
Meep

Post by Meep »

This is why I'm glad I live where I live. I never have to buy snow tires! :)

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”