steering noises

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
nicacus

steering noises

Post by nicacus »

ok when I turn the wheel i am getting a noise that is kind of hard to explain.. its not the CV joints.. I have checked them and replaced them.. it almost sounds like a slight knocking sound... either direction you turn it.. and it feels like it is harder to turn than it should be, but not by much..
I used to have a le baron (oldschool) had the same problem and it was because the rack and pinion assembley was out.. I am really hoping thats not what this is... that cost a good 800 bucks to fix..
any ideas??
1993 mx-3 GS, weapon R secret weapon air intake, 4 gauge ground wire kit, full exhuast Otto Racing muffler. ractive front and rear strut bars. tons of other crap that I am much to lazy to type..
16" wheels, with Falken ziex 512 tires
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

im having the same problem, ill back up and i turn the wheel and it sounds like its coming from the front right wheel and its the same noise u described...hmm axles maybe? not sure
nicacus

Post by nicacus »

I just changed my struts and springs... and got an alignment and it seems to be gone for the most part... I havent noticed it since... ??????????????? I have no clue... something was probably loose... glad it wasnt the rack though...
1993 mx-3 GS, weapon R secret weapon air intake, 4 gauge ground wire kit, full exhuast Otto Racing muffler. ractive front and rear strut bars. tons of other crap that I am much to lazy to type..
16" wheels, with Falken ziex 512 tires

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”