Has anyone ever had the 'HAG' before??

Off-Topic Discussions
Franko
Supporting Member

Has anyone ever had the 'HAG' before??

Post by Franko »

Ok I dont know if many people are familar with this but here they call it the hag.. I believe the technical name for it is sleep paralysis. Its when you are stuck in a place between sleep and awake and your body is completely paralysed. Your breathing becomes constrained and it feels like something is pusing down on your chest. Ive personally had it happen to me a couple of times and it is a horrible experience. You are trying your hardest to try to move or yell or do anything to get out of it and then suddenly BANG you break free. Ive even heard of people seeing figures standing in their room when they are caught in the 'hag'.. Thats because they are half dreaming at the same time.
It really sucks.. Anyone ever had this happen to them before?
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

Franko you are starting to freak me out, no I have not had this happen but it does explain aliens very well, do you see aliens?
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
Mazderati

Post by Mazderati »

You really need to lay off the psilocybin. !! 8) :lol: :lol:

you obviously got some bad stuff.....
96 GS, 17" Niche's, Falken 40's. Eibach springs, Tokico S/R struts, Ractive front & rear strutbars. Supertrapp exhaust, K & N intake. Soundstream Reference, JL & Eclipse audio.

Green means "Go", Yellow means, "Go Faster"!!
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

It happens to alot of people.. not just me.. Some people it happens to all the time.
Ive never seen anything but my girlfriends dad saw people in his room and stuff when he had it one time..

Hmm.. cool.. check this out..

Sleep Paralysis
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

ya it happens to people. i remember listening to the radio station in calgary, i think it was 92fm, and the dj was talking about him waking up and being paralysed. he said it took him something like half a day to regain full mobility.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

not me havent had that happen..... sounds like itd be kinda freaky..

i still think having dreams when your falling and you wake up in a cold sweat is scary enough never mind not being able to move....
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
onderground_mx3

Post by onderground_mx3 »

never had it happen but i watched a show on discovery abotu ti once.... at least i believe its the same thing some of the people had halucinatiosn at the same time nad saw people jumping on their chests and stuff. hopefully were taligna botu the same thing and im not comign out o the wood work with that
cdngrl420

Post by cdngrl420 »

sounds like people having acid trip relapses or something ive never in my life heard of anyone having this.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Interesting. Here's another link below about the "old Hag". Page two goes into the sleep paralysis explanation. Had this happen a few times when my sleep patterns were totally effed by working the hospital overnight shift for two years. Stopped the night work but not 'cause of the Hag - more like 'cause I fell into a deeeeep sleep while sitting at a stoplight on the way home one morning. Now that was scary. Sleeping and driving don't mix.

http://paranormal.about.com/library/wee ... 12000a.htm
Image -Jim
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

when clicking this, i thought it was some kind of sexual innuendo thing

lol
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Dear me.... another opportunity for Franko to accuse me of prying into his private life.... like he just doesn't love laying all the crap out for all.... wonder what could be next? Another pm coming my way franky baby? Or should I
chill out and have a cookie.
Maybe your right that
If you ask me there all wound up a little too tight on here and I wish they would relax a little bit because it feels like a gosh darn prison.
Its a free world francis, excercise you right!
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Private life? This is something that happens to alot of people, I thought it might be an intresting topic since it may have happened to people here in the past and they might not know what it was.

Grants.. im not too sure on what your damage is but you got some serious issues. If I say anything, anything at all on this forum Grants has a hissy fit.
He sent ME a pm because I used the word 'retarded' and he didnt feel it appropriate. I used it as a general term, not to insult anyone.. and when he wrote me a pm about it I felt that I answered quite nicely and said to 'chill out and have a cookie'. Just trying to bring some laughter to that cold black robot heart of his.
Me and Grants go way back.. Like that time that I had to pay for tickets that I wasent notified hadent been paid and he blows his top on the Forum. (He has since deleted some of his posts on there)
Grants.. I dont know what your malfunction is but something is up. Any time I say anything you flip, I feel that Im pretty nice to people on here and try to help them out as much I can but I just dont know about you. Do you even own an mx-3?
I can only imagine what kind of response I am going to get from grants with this post, mabey alot of quoting what I just posted and responding to individual sentences? Or mabey throw in some slanderous remarks about me? I can picture him now, whipping out the dictionary and looking up some new word to call me.. Im gitty with anticipation.
This has seriously got to stop.. Dont you have any hobbies?

I try to make this site more enjoyable for people to come to, I try to make posts to spark peoples intrest and get some good responses out of them. Just like with this topic.. now more people know about sleep paralysis who didnt and if it happens to them or someone they know then they will be able to tell that person it is just sleep paralysis and it is nothing to worry about.

Do me a favour grants, the next time you see me post something.. anything just look the other way and spare me the aggravation.
If I posted 'test test' in the test messages forum he might loose his cool again and accuse me of insulting him in some way.

Mabey youll get the hag tonight grants.. and youll know what it was thanks to me.
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

Actually, you are quite correct Franko. It has not happen to me, but I know a girl which got the "Hag". She also has the issue of a character in her room, unable to move. It happens mostly on saturdays and sundays. I also got another friend which has the "Hag". Haven't spoken to him on this matter, but I don't think he sees characters.

Whatever it is, it spooks me out! Glad I'm not experiencing it!
'92 GS
My worklog
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

I know i dont coem on here loads, but often i'l come and have a flick through!
Gotta say thought that from what i can see, Franko contributes some gd stuff and advice to the forums, and i am yet to see an abusive post by him.
Just thought i would give my view on it as i know how annoying people can be!
Im with you on this one franko! :wink:
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Man, I don't wanna sound like a freak, but that would be neat to exprience...I guess now that I know what it is, I wont be affraid if it happens.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Off-Topic”