Interior panels question

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
MX3parkerGS

Interior panels question

Post by MX3parkerGS »

okay i have a 93 GS and most of you would probably agree that the door panels and seats and whatnot are UGLY!!!!!! with that mixuture of blue, green, purple, and orange and whatever other colors are mixed in with that....

anyways, are the SE's the only models that had that greyish inserts on the panels and stuff, or did other models/years as well? if so, which ones?

reason Im asking is because either way im getting rid of it and it would be ALOT cheaper to find some of the stock greyish panels and rear seats rather then getting them professionally redone.

thanks in advanced for anyone with an anwser!

Parker
'94 White MX-3 GS. Engine bay empty and waiting for the 2.5DE.

Completly stock, at this time.

Parker
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

From what I know all SEs came with completely black interior. Black vinyl on the doors and black leather on the steering wheel and seats front/back.
I don't know that I've ever seen a stock grey insert on any MX-3.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Have you looked on the MX-3.com homepage for year models configuration and layouts? AFAIN, apart from the 93 SE, it seems to be completely arbitrary as far as colour of interior layouts.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
MX3parkerGS

Post by MX3parkerGS »

look at Gro's car, the middle insert on the panels are greyish. so i take it they only came like that in SE's? :(
'94 White MX-3 GS. Engine bay empty and waiting for the 2.5DE.

Completly stock, at this time.

Parker
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

MX3parkerGS wrote:look at Gro's car, the middle insert on the panels are greyish. so i take it they only came like that in SE's? :(
Gro's car, like mine are not SE's. We did the perverbial swap to the black fabric panels. I believe that there were some models that did come in grey fabric. Then there is of course those gnarly black fabric panels that have faded over the years to look greyish.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

jschrauwen wrote:
MX3parkerGS wrote:look at Gro's car, the middle insert on the panels are greyish. so i take it they only came like that in SE's? :(
Gro's car, like mine are not SE's. We did the perverbial swap to the black fabric panels. I believe that there were some models that did come in grey fabric. Then there is of course those gnarly black fabric panels that have faded over the years to look greyish.
That's what I was thinking. They started out black, but since most of our cars are nearly 10 years old, the ol fade effect has begun, and made them grey! :D
No more MX-3.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

jschrauwen wrote:
I'm afraid my panels ARE SE's11111

and mine are 1000% black. If they don't look black, it is probably the photo, but they are indeed very black.

The rear panel on the passneger side has some weird white stains on it which I have no idea what it is...mold? glue? something else? :shock:
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

Gro Harlem wrote:The rear panel on the passneger side has some weird white stains on it which I have no idea what it is...mold? glue? something else? :shock:
hahaha, oh I'm sure you know what it is..

pfftt glue....gimmie a break :lol:
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

I didn't think the back seat was big enough for that...?
No more MX-3.
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

ScooterBovine wrote:I didn't think the back seat was big enough for that...?

you gotta be creative man.
oh and one of those "no fat chicks" stickers back there is probably a good idea :lol:
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

I believe 94+ rs cars had the black door panels

Return to “Appearance”