For those with SRD front C.A. bushings

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

For those with SRD front C.A. bushings

Post by schuttie2002 »

My set should hopefully be here friday. Did anyone else have trouble installing these. I have herd from one person saying they couldnt use the rear inserts.

Did you guys all have to press them in, or can they be put in pretty easily?

Do you absolutley have to remove the entire control arm to put these on?

Lastly will i need another fricken alignment after installation?
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/698108
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

I believe you have to use a vice or a press to get the bushings in, and as I understand, you must remove the control arms.

I`m pretty sure you need an alignment aswell after removing these.

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
Macen

Post by Macen »

You have to remove the control arms.
I burned out my old rubber bushings. Pushed the new ones in with a vice.
You will need to do an alignment after.

I had problem removing the nut on the bolt that holds the sway bar together with the control arm. I had to use a lot of WD40 and then use an insex key to get the nut off.

Don't forget to put some water resistant grease on the bushings where the bushings have contact with metal, or else they will squeak.
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

Ok, thanks so much Macen, thats the exact information I wanted to know. I have a vice, and burning out the old ones is a great idea(they are trash anyway)

Alignments suck and are costly, but you gotta do what u gotta do.

Thanks again man
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

And DO NOT forget the grease. I did and am paying for it with every tiny bump!!! PS, I pressed my old bushings out, but burning them would seem easier. Also make sure to dremel any remaining rubber from the inside of the bushing hole.

If you read this Luke you really should include some directions and mention the grease. My other nylatron parts don't squeek so I didn't think these needed any.

Ps, I love the bushings. Feels very much like the car is on rails now. This was the last mod of my suspension set-up. I already had MS struts, GC coils, SRD cross member, upper strut bars, Cusco camber plates and the SRD lower controll arm bushings still made a definate difference in the controll and steering response.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

Sounds good. yea this would be an intermediate step in my suspension set up. I've currently lowerd with intrax on GR-2's with strut tower braces on the front and back, and I have ms mounts. Now im doing these C.A. bushings, front and rear. Next I'm inline to get some KYB super struts, Rota subzeros, and maybe switching to H&R springs.

I cant wait until next spring!!!! Its so much fun driving around my mx3 now that it actually has some balls.

I wont forget the grease, but do you put all over the bushing, or just on the outside or just on the inside around the bolt?? I imagine on the outside of the bushing, but Im just double checking
Macen

Post by Macen »

Macen wrote:Don't forget to put some water resistant grease on the bushings where the bushings have contact with metal, or else they will squeak.
:D

Burn the old bushings out and clean properly before putting grease on and pushing in the new bushing. Put grease on the bolts and most important on the front bushing that has contact with the mounting hole on the chassis. That was the place where all squeaking came from on my car.
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Haven't installed mine yet since Macen mentioned that I'll require a new front end alignment again. Will probably want to do that next year since I just spent a big chunk on a high end alignment after new spring/strut install last year.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

UPDATE: Put the C.A. Bushings in today and lemme just say...Zoom Zoom! Not only did they get rid of my annoying clunking problem, but the car is much much tighter. I went for a nice drive tonight on backroads that I regularly drive on and at the same speeds I normally go, the tires made a lot less noise 8)

Another point I need to make is they do live up to their advertising, so thanks guys at SRD! I dropped the clutch a few times and never had wheel hop, just a steady spin then takeoff. SO if anyone wants to get rid of wheel hop I have a few suggestions. DO WHAT EVERYONE RECOMMENDS, IT WORKS! Put stiffer spings on your car, replace old worn out parts like endlinks n ball joints, Get MS engine mounts or fill yours with poly U, and def get the polyU control arm bushings. They are the cheapest replacement really, and its not that much work.

One other thing to point out. Im gonna say that your front-end alignment doesnt get too harshly affected by the bushings. My wheels still look very slightly negative, Im not pulling one way or another, and the wheel always comes back to center when I let go, so Im not worried about an alignment.
tatsu

Post by tatsu »

PATDIESEL wrote:If you read this Luke you really should include some directions and mention the grease. My other nylatron parts don't squeek so I didn't think these needed any.
Actually, if you check SRD's website you'll see that Luc includes the grease with the bushings now...
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

:P thanks Luke, how about sending me some for free then.... I'm sending him a hate mail :evil:

JK, I will ask for some grease though. Love SRD stuff. MAKE MORE!!!
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

I just installed my SRD LCA bushings last night and I did it without removing the control arms from the car. It was a little tedious to get the front bushings out, but we made a special, little tool with a piece of pipe, bracket, threaded rod and some nuts & washers.

From the one short test drive I've been on it does feel much better in steering. I might not need to tackle that traction bar project anymore.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
Macen

Post by Macen »

I'm impressed that you managed to get the old ones out without removing the control arm. I had to burn them out.
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

yea seriously, thats impressive, I had to take out the control arms, then drill n press out the old bushings. But yea isnt it so much nicer on a launch, or going thru turns. I love it. Luc make more stuff!

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”