really loud 'screaming' sound on full throttle

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3parkerGS

really loud 'screaming' sound on full throttle

Post by MX3parkerGS »

Hey guys,

I recently got my custom 2.5"cat-back, and its been about 2 weeks now, so this might be related to the problem.

but when im at full throttle starting at aroung 5g my car(coming from the middle of the car) has a loud 'whining' sound almost like a freakin SC's supercharger whining at full throttle. Ive been thinking it could be several things but i dont know. And the sound itself is hard to explain, its either a loud whistle like sound from a leak or others have told me it kinda sounds like a rattle at a very high rate making it sound like a whistle.

any ideas?

thanks, Parker
'94 White MX-3 GS. Engine bay empty and waiting for the 2.5DE.

Completly stock, at this time.

Parker
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

Check that your intake manifold and throttle body are TIGHTLY bolted
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
MX3parkerGS

Post by MX3parkerGS »

but the sounds coming from the middle/middle-rear of the car? should i still check those?
'94 White MX-3 GS. Engine bay empty and waiting for the 2.5DE.

Completly stock, at this time.

Parker
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

sounds like you may have a slight exhaust leak where the exhaust connects to the headers.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Do not TIGHTLY tighten anything. Most of the top of our motors are aluminum and thus tightening anything TIGHTLY will most likely result in you stripping out the bolt hole. A good snug is fine as long as the intake and throttle body gaskets are ok. For proper tightening get a torque wrench and use the factory service manaul to see what you need to tighten that part to.
Anyway, they should not have messed with either your intake or TB when doing your exhaust.
I'd take it back to the exhaust shop and let them have a look at it. I'd bet it is just a hariline crack where two pices connect and thus the high pitched squeel.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”