Engine swap shops in ottawa?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
kevio180

Engine swap shops in ottawa?

Post by kevio180 »

Hi guys, i'm new and I be getting a MX3 tommoorrow, and I was wondering if any of you know any good engine swap shops in Ottawa? And any engine import shops in Ottawa. I know Tiger Imports from T.O and I had mum's civic swapped there cause it just needs a new motor nothing big. I read so much bad reviews as comes to MX3 V6 engines from there so I was wondering if there are any other ones in Ottawa? Thanks
MX3parkerGS

Post by MX3parkerGS »

Hey Welcom to MX-3.Com!

neways, ur gonna pay as much as u paid for the actual motor to have a shop install it, if not more. if ur not completly car mechanic challenged, :p, id research on step by step swap guides on here and considerin takin a whack at it urslef with some buddies or somthing.
'94 White MX-3 GS. Engine bay empty and waiting for the 2.5DE.

Completly stock, at this time.

Parker
kevio180

Post by kevio180 »

Thanks for the reply, happy to be here. But I am so not good when it comes to engines, I have no idea whats what and I'd rather have someone who knows how to do it. lol I know I should of took shop class, lol. But like I'm good to go like putting $4000 on this swap, I just don't know where to get it done and a good place for engines. I'm like just moved to Ottawa, no one I know here drives a MX3 except my 70 year old landlord, lol I know the KLDEs are cheap like $900 for the engine so the worst come to worst I get that. So anyone who knows any where that do swaps in Ottawa? thanks
shawno

Post by shawno »

Hey man yeah i lived in ottawa i just moved from there a week ago or so and i also did the ZE swap aswell. I went to montreal for my motor I paid 1500 $ for the engine and it came with a free transmission but is was auto so i sold it. i cant remember the place but Pm me and i will look it up for you if u like. The motor works fine it all good they new how many km on it and everything.
All you have to do it be carefully they have a lot of klde motors that there are selling as klze so get them to take the inake off and make sure it has square ports, and no dish in the piston, u can use a light build to see but its hard.
I would do a lot of research frist before u buy. so u no what u are looking for.
As for getting some one to put it in i would go on ebay and get a shop manual for cheap and do it your self save some money, it toom me a good weekend.
all i can say is be carefull u get the ze and not the de its like 30 hp more almost. check this out is may help u but research,

http://geocities.com/viv95pgt/klze.html
kevio180

Post by kevio180 »

Cool, thanks a bunch. I found a place in MISS called TEKNOTIK that does JDM engines swaps and that might be the place I go, I guess I have to wait until christmas break. The engine there cost $1050 with transmission, its a good place since I talked to some people back to where I used to live they all got their swaps there, plus they are on Darknights site so I guess they are ok.

Do you remember how much the swap parts cost? Like with everything?
shawno

Post by shawno »

hey yea the swap didnt cost me a thing to do i used the k8 wiring and everything was there with mine, all i needed was a ecu kl31 or kl36 and it cost me around 200$
kevio180

Post by kevio180 »

Cool, that not very much at all. Hum, I been reading through the forum and alot of people are not happy about the swap, and I guess I'm kind of want just the DE now, since its cheaper, easy to find and saves me the hassle of trying to figure out they will send me the right one.

Another question tho, if I were to do a swap into the mx3 v6 with the DE or ZE engine, what do I need?

Engine
ECU
Parts that needs to be replaced if weardown

And what else? And I don't need a new transmission right? Can I just use the one on the MX3?

Thanks
shawno

Post by shawno »

Hey yea i would change the clutch even if its still half good because the bigger engine more power so it could slip. and maybe the drive axles if there not good would be a good plan.

So yea u will need the engine, ecu, and u can use your tranny from the k8 engine it will work fine.

If your going to being paying like 1000 De motor i would just do the reaseach and get the Ze will be happy with it 30 more hp makes a difference.

Everything thats on the k8 will work on the ze motor its pretty nice i just have to buy parts for the k8 engine becasue there pretty much the same just bigger pistons pretty much
kevio180

Post by kevio180 »

Cool, thanks a bunch, now i'm waitting to see if the engine can come through, still waitting on their reply on shipping cost.
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

hey man, Im from Gatineau... let me know if you need a hand while swapping the ZE. I'd be glad to come and shed some light in exchange for some beers Image

I've done it twice myself, and if I were you I wouldnt pay a shop to do it for you. Literally this is the easiest swap there is short of swapping in the same motor. I have a KL36 ECU for sale, 300$. Let me know.
kevio180

Post by kevio180 »

Cool, thanks man, some beer? lol, i buy you a box of beer, lol. I'm going to see how the engine works out, and if you have time thanks alot for the help. I will give you a msg whn I get things sorted out, thanks

And what do I need tho? a engine lifter i guess and where can I rent one? and where can I rent a grage or something, its so cold outside and I live in an apartment. And do you knonw anywhere in ottawa where engines are sold? if i can get the engine, i most likly buy the ECU off you, thanks

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”