Just bought a Mx-3. Need help on engine.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
FIMotorMX-3

Post by FIMotorMX-3 »

Exhaust is getting fabricated this Friday. 2.25 mandrel bends with resonated test pipe and a Greddy SP1 muffler. Should be nice.
sold it to a friend.93 green MX-3 with ZE swap. KL36 ecu, modified carbon fiber intake from a civic hatch. Centerforce Dual Friction clutch from MX-6. black Konig Minuz wheels, Synthetic fluids, 3 gauge pillar pod with air/fuel, water temp and oil press. Autometer Shiftlight. B&M short shifter. 2.25 piping with a Greddy SP1 muffler, AWR urethane front motormount, pheno spacers, Intrax Springs, Mazdaspeed Sideskirts. The New Ride is a 2003 1.8t a4
check out myspace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D795345349

my cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2142324 UPDATED!!!! 08/28/06 newest pics
MX3parkerGS

Post by MX3parkerGS »

Qwiksillva

Posted: October 01 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay. Another question...

The previous owner said the engine is a J-spec motor. Does this help you guys know what engine I have? Probably not.

Where on the block will I find it? I have not seen it yet and I have been all up in that engine so far.

Qwiksillva

Posted: October 03 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks a lot.

I am slowly learning. I am trying to relearn piston engines again too.

I've been into rotaries for the longest time and I'm feeling kind of helpless at the moment because I havn't touched a real engine in a long time (real as in meaning pistons, haha).

This car is real fun though. It seems I have KLDE swap in the car from what I have been reading though.
If its is a J-Spec, you have the KLZE(190-200hp), the KLDE is 165ish

:wink: Parker
'94 White MX-3 GS. Engine bay empty and waiting for the 2.5DE.

Completly stock, at this time.

Parker

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”