KLZE Throttlebody ?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Ray

KLZE Throttlebody ?

Post by Ray »

I have bought an KLZE with straightneck manifold, and in another buy an curvedneck manifold.
My problem is that on one side of the cuirved neck throttlebody there is this 3 pin connection and on the straightneck this is an 4 pin connection, what do I do.
the 4 pin match my mx3 ?
Ray
2.5L if you try - you can't without it
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

Im assuming you mean the TPS on the throttle body yes?

If so just unscrew it off the throttle body and change it over.
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.
Ray

Post by Ray »

Unfortunately they don't match up, I have tried. but thanks.
Ray
2.5L if you try - you can't without it
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Hi Ray
I'm assuming that you are intending to go with the curved neck IM. That assumption based on you having a Left Hand Drive (LHD) MX. There are a select few that have utilized the straight neck IM by being very creative in negating the clearance issues with the brake master cylinder on LHD MX's. With the curved neck IM you'll need to utilize a TB that has the IAC (small black cylindrical unit on bottom half of TB) on the right hand side of the TB (or pointing towards the battery). I believe that the TB's that come with the straight necks can be a KL31 or a KL01 IIRC. These have the IAC mounted on the left. The problem with those particular TB's is that they (the IAC units in particular) will come into contact with the thermostat housing, and hence the need for a TB with the IAC on the right hand side. The 2 TB's that I can recall off of the top of my head that have the IAC on the right are the KL68 and the KL47 TB's. The TB identification can be found stamped on the top of the TB along with variuos stampings. The KL number stamping is sometimes not as pronounced or as legible as the other stampings so it may take a bit of cleaning or a good hard look to find it. Hope this helps. TB info is readily available through past posts by using the search function. I should know I generated a pile of them last spring ... LOL. g/l
*John*
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

well IF you are talking about the tps wich I doubt the tps from the straight neck WILL fit since it's the one I got on my curve neck.
maybe he's talking about the IAC ?
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

babyblueMX3 wrote:well IF you are talking about the tps wich I doubt the tps from the straight neck WILL fit since it's the one I got on my curve neck. maybe he's talking about the IAC ?
I'm pretty sure he's talking about the TPS Steve, since the IAC's I believe are all just a 2 wire affair. Only other item on there is the TPS. I thought mostl TPS's 4 wire unless it's an OBD I /OBD II issue. That, I'm not familiar with. At this point, I believe he will need to utilize the 4 wire TPS. Any OBD II peeps confirm this?? I was just covering the other angles of concern wrt TB selection.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”