cold air intake

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
sirsmokealot

cold air intake

Post by sirsmokealot »

does anyone know which intake to buy to fit on the mx3 v6 model i think you have to buy the acura integra but not sure on the year and which brand is teh best can soem one help me thank you
sirsmokealot

Post by sirsmokealot »

ok thank you
Last edited by sirsmokealot on October 7th, 2005, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Man that has to be in the top ten list of questions asked over the years. A 2-seconds BB search brings up hundreds of related threads (hint). Here's one to get you started. http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... 841#289841
Image -Jim
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

neutral wrote:Man that has to be in the top ten list of questions asked over the years. A 2-seconds BB search brings up hundreds of related threads (hint). Here's one to get you started. http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... 841#289841
sirsmokealot wrote:i would but its easier to let you fools do it for me
whether j/k or not sirsmokealot, that's an unfortunate response. fwiw ya just lost someone willing to help ya or even willing to read your future posts. cya :sadwavey:
Last edited by neutral on October 7th, 2005, 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image -Jim
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

thats the spirit buddy.
Last edited by bmwm3guy on October 7th, 2005, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sirsmokealot

Post by sirsmokealot »

ok i am sorry everyone who i hurt with my comment but all he had to do was post what he found or tell me where i can find that info. i searched for about an hout on here through differnt post and didnt find anything and thought that one of you kind mx3ers would help without trying to bite soemones head off
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

maybe if someone put my how to in the FAQ then we wouldnt have this prob
cough jeff cough :)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
GQ084

Post by GQ084 »

Im not sure if this is the same problem with you but its very tedious and time consuming when I do search, I am on very slow connection. So here's a response to the question you ask.
I went down to Pepboys today and they have a DIY Intake tubing. I was able to make bends/90 ' , 60' , 40' and straight with the piping they provided. ANd then I purchased a shielded cone filter. I piped everything down to the bottom of vehichle. I know people are like sometimes yo! Careful, you'll flood the engine. Im not driving around in Lousiana....A little slpish splash on the filter will not hurt. Trust me, even in the hardest rain. How can I say this, Ive been tuning german vehicles for two years. ( well just my 88 jetta and my dead 95 GTI) Sometimes I found that keeping the stock airbox and having smooth piping with heat shielding over it is just as good as a CAI. What I learned about short ram air ( trial runs on expresway at 3 am in a kia) [NOT RECOMMENDED] is that it is excellent in lower rpm range but as it gets higher it loses its grunt...One gripe I have about the MX3. My dead Kia had 127hp stock. MX3 has ~127 or 130 ( not sure) stock. I was expecting more. Im gonna repost somewhere else, I dont want to hijack a overlooked thread.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

bmwm3guy wrote:
thats the spirit buddy.
Not sure if this is the same person (Marlo Cromwell) I had the misfortune of dealing with previously (but that's another story). Almost a year on this BB and It's safe guess that you're able to effectively manipulate the search function. If not, than post that query of using the search function in the Off Topic Forum, or better still, use the FAQ section.
Last edited by jschrauwen on October 10th, 2005, 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
sirsmokealot

Post by sirsmokealot »

jschrauwen wrote:
bmwm3guy wrote:
thats the spirit buddy.
Not sure if this is the same person (Mano Cromwell from Weymouth, Nova Scotia) I had the misfortune of dealing with previously (but that's another story). Almost a year on this BB and It's safe guess that you're able to effectively manipulate the search function. If not, than post that query of using the search function in the Off Topic Forum, or better still, use the FAQ section.
i think you should tell everyone what you did cause your making me look bad and your the one whos fault it was i posted a reply to your last post and you never clarified what you meant by your comment. i getting tired of dealing with your posting bad reference of me and never saying what happened.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

jschrauwen wrote: Not sure if this is the same person (Mano Cromwell from Weymouth, Nova Scotia)
Are you or are you not this person?
Your BB name and tone of this statement leads me to believe it is. pm sent
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

jschrauwen wrote:
jschrauwen wrote: Not sure if this is the same person (Mano Cromwell from Weymouth, Nova Scotia)
Are you or are you not this person?
Your BB name and tone of this statement leads me to believe it is. pm sent
:werd: on this.

i had a tough time on a transaction with our friend here too.. things *eventually* got sorted out, but NOT a pleasant experience. probably no need to badmouth a guy when he casts himself in a poor light -- i think its pretty clear who's in need of an attitude adjustment.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

ninjajim4 wrote: :werd: on this.

i had a tough time on a transaction with our friend here too.. things *eventually* got sorted out, but NOT a pleasant experience. probably no need to badmouth a guy when he casts himself in a poor light -- i think its pretty clear who's in need of an attitude adjustment.
Thanks Jim. Didn't know I was bad mouthing when I referenced "misfortunate dealings". Glad to hear that you got it sorted out ... sorta. Best to leave the past in the past and let this one go as a learning experience. Thanks again Jim!!
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

lol... my bad, didnt mean to imply that you were badmouthin, mr. john.

i'd intended for the emphasis of that sentence to be more on the 2nd half :wink:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”