MY handbrake light is on!!!, PLEASE HELP ME!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MOSES

MY handbrake light is on!!!, PLEASE HELP ME!

Post by MOSES »

today, my handberake light in the dash came on, the running lights stayed on and i never heard the "relay" cut out, as it does when to pull up on the handbrake lever.
Now its on and wont go off,
problems with hand brake or brakes?
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

check your brake fluid....your probably low. If you are, be sure to check for leaks in the brake lines too.
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
MOSES

Post by MOSES »

brake fluid level is perfect, no leaks.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Theres a plug on the side of the brake reservior for the level switch. Try unplugging that and see if the light goes off.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

same thing happens on my corrola. On the mx, my brake light woudl come on the odd time , becuase the fluid was alittle low, and when it would slosh side to side, it was just low enough that the sensor would go on.\

I dunno what goin on with your car man. Hopefully nothing too seriouse.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
exdream_mx3

Post by exdream_mx3 »

mine does it too!!! but only in the winter time or when it's colder. Don't know if that would have something to do with it or not
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

my brake light came on after my swap and i just installed more ground cables and it took car of it.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

MOSES

Post by MOSES »

my bad guys, my rear caliper is leaking fliud, brake tamk was low.
now for a new caliper, actually i need 2, both of the calipers "slide pins" are froze, they wont move when i put the brake on, only the top pin moves.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

MOSES wrote:my bad guys, my rear caliper is leaking fliud, brake tamk was low.
now for a new caliper, actually i need 2, both of the calipers "slide pins" are froze, they wont move when i put the brake on, only the top pin moves.
Had a similar problem years ago and I believe it was because of some third rate mechanic decided to do the Swarzeneager yank on my hand brake during some routine maintenance. The hand brake never travelled that far before he got his hands on it and it shortly there after proceded to sieze up on me. Of course he denied that his actions precipitated the siezure. Regular MODERATE use should keep the rear calipers and cable in good working order. For some reason people think you've got to really yank on the handbrake for it to work properly - big myth.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

or you could be like me and with not having the hand brake working for a long time you finaly get it working. then you give it a yank to do a 180 on a gravel road and the hand brake grips but then you feel it snap. the cable right underneather the handbrake going to the back snapped in half. so i'm without a hand brake again.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”