Interior Lights

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
cb mx3

Interior Lights

Post by cb mx3 »

My light that lights up the heat controls must be loose. It comes and goes and if you hit under the heat control unit it usually comes on. So today I was bored so I took the whole dash apart and I figure it must be behind the heat control unit b/c I couldn't see anything with a light bulb. Does anybody know how to get this the heating control unit out to get at the bulb and change it . I was also thinking about wiring in LED lights instead of the stock peanut shaped lights. Also the lights that light up my ashtray and lighter are burnt out so I want to replace them. Got them out but nobody in my area carrys those type of bulbs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can get a pic of the little bulbs if anybody needs one. My dash is the 95 style with the circle vents. Thanks.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

I don't know how to get the dash apart to get to the bulbs but have a look on ebay for the new ones, there seems to be a good variety of sizes and colours on there.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
cb mx3

Post by cb mx3 »

Went to car quest and got the little bulb. Cost $1.00 each. So nowe to find those lights behind the heat controls. Anybody know what I'm talking about. I need to change them. Thanks
StylinMike

Post by StylinMike »

If you take off the center console bezel, the heater controls should just be bolted in with 2 bolts. Then take that out and see how it comes apart, shouldnt be too hard.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”