Loud Noise From Exhaust

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
cb mx3

Loud Noise From Exhaust

Post by cb mx3 »

Coming home today I went over the tracks and my exhaust got louder. My girlfriends dad thinks it may be the flex pipe. Does this sound right.
cb mx3

Post by cb mx3 »

Oh yeah its coming from the front of the car. 95, 5 speed, RS
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

Definetly the flex pipe. When I had mine replaced - they only gave me a 6 month warrenty on it. Because he says they only last about a year unless the motor mounts were changed or something - cause the dang thing vibrates so much
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
cb mx3

Post by cb mx3 »

I'm just glad thats all it is. Been without my car too long so I'm glad it'll only be a little bit in the shop.
sk8erdude28

Post by sk8erdude28 »

Yeah you have an exhaust leak somewhere. Some exhaust shops will look at it for free and tell you what is leaking. Don't go replacing s--- if you're not positive that's what's wrong? It could be where the manifold meets the downpipe. Who knows.
Cpl_Bryant

Post by Cpl_Bryant »

When I installed my CS downpipe and new Cat, the flex pipe was no more. Now (only at around 2100 RPM) I notice a vibration that I believe is coming from the exhaust. I've been told that my muffler moves around a lot more than it used to. Could this also be a result of a lost flex pipe?
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/cplbryant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cb mx3

Post by cb mx3 »

Got mine fixed today. It was the flex pipe. Cost me $260.00 CDN, but the front exhaust pipe is cracked, getting that fixed sometime this week. That part alone cost $250.00 CDN. So i'll have a nice bill leaving there. Anyways, thanks for all your help from anybody who replied.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”