My lights are messed right up... PLEASE HELP!!

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
big_stun_101

My lights are messed right up... PLEASE HELP!!

Post by big_stun_101 »

Hey does anyone know how what can be the problem with my 1992 MX3 V6... The dash lights don't work and the turning signals, and my rear lights either... so pretty much only my headlights work... I checked the fuses and everytime I put a new one in, it blows... So I am guessing there is some wiring problems somewhere, If anyone can give me a couple hints it would be super appreciated thanks.... big_stun_101
MX-SLICK

Post by MX-SLICK »

Check the immidiate wires behind the signals and or tail lights. Have your messed with anything or added bulbs or something?
94' MX3 GS atx
93 geo storm GSi
99' Ford ZX2 mtx
2001 honda CBR 600
2000 kawasaki kx 500 MX
big_stun_101

Post by big_stun_101 »

No I bought the car, like that...and I already performed some tests right from the lights.. so I didn't play around with anything... I already took a mechanic course at my local college so I know what I am doing... I am just wondering if it's a harsher problem that someone has already experienced... Cause there is power going to the fuse, but from the fuse, It doesn't go anywhere...?? So I am lost,, but thatnks for the reply.. So anyone have any other suggestions!??
1992 MX3 GS Just bought the car, and I love it, but it needs a hell of a lot of work...
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

if you ask me or relisys it sounds like your about to have a short
and maybe a fire... your relays might by fried... check fuses as well.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
big_stun_101

Post by big_stun_101 »

DavidOS wrote:if you ask me or relisys it sounds like your about to have a short
and maybe a fire... your relays might by fried... check fuses as well.
1992 MX3 GS Just bought the car, and I love it, but it needs a hell of a lot of work...
big_stun_101

Post by big_stun_101 »

Thanx I'll check it out and I;ll let you know how things are... but thanks for the response, if anyone has any other solutions let me know,,,.... thanks loads Joel,...
mx32nerDOTcom

Post by mx32nerDOTcom »

Sounds like fuses or relays to me, just had the same problem... my plugs came undone though, might as well check that too lol[/quote]
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS 5 Spd <i>*In Progress*</i> 2.5L V6 SWAP IN PROGRESS NOW
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS/SE 5 Spd <i>*Project 2.5T*</i>
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

WTH, he said it is BLOWING his fuses. DO NOT keep trying new fuses it WILL cause a fire and then you'll be sorry.
You have an electrical short in the system somewhere. Unfortunately I don't know enough about the wiring to tell you where to look, but from the symptoms listed you need to look at a wiring diagram and find where all those lighting circuits are close together or are connected. That is where you'll find the problem. When you find it you need to have someone who knows how to soldier cut the crimped wires out and replace that section with new wires of the same guage (diameter).
If there is anything else I can help you with feel free to hit me up with an email.
patdiesel@yahoo.com
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

PATDIESEL wrote:WTH, he said it is BLOWING his fuses. DO NOT keep trying new fuses it WILL cause a fire and then you'll be sorry.
You have an electrical short in the system somewhere. Unfortunately I don't know enough about the wiring to tell you where to look, but from the symptoms listed you need to look at a wiring diagram and find where all those lighting circuits are close together or are connected. That is where you'll find the problem. When you find it you need to have someone who knows how to soldier cut the crimped wires out and replace that section with new wires of the same guage (diameter).
If there is anything else I can help you with feel free to hit me up with an email.
patdiesel@yahoo.com
Exactly - you'll need to start isolating sections of the wiring to narrow down where the fault is. I'd start with a visual at all the bulb sockets first...
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
big_stun_101

Post by big_stun_101 »

Wow thanx guys... I don't know what I would do without this site, I am really new to this and it has helped me so much up to now... unfortunaltly I dind't have time to check my wiring to much, cause I have been working alot... but tomorrow I am gonna go ahead on that project... thanks again guys

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”