s.o.s.

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
misfitsfiend

s.o.s.

Post by misfitsfiend »

im having problems with my system... i hook up the amps i have properly and all ... but my subs never work...
theres power getting to the amps .. and the subs work properly ...
can anyone suggest any solutions
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

need more info. what're you set up with equipment-wise. and whaddya mean by, "my subs never work... theres power getting to the amps .. and the subs work properly ... " :?
Image -Jim
misfitsfiend

Post by misfitsfiend »

heh sorry man ... i have this sony xplode 1200 and an infinity 380 watt max, with 2 12" explode subs...
like the subs arent blown or anything so theres nothing wrong with them... and theres power actually getting to the amps cuz the power lights come on so the fuses arent blown or anything... so im not sure about why my subs never work...
Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

Have you tested the subs to make sure they work?

Are they wired up inside the box? Maybe a wire came loose? Good reason to solder your connections.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

the internal amp may be fried as well, you can get power, but it not "outputting" any signal. If your amp light is on Id assume the remote wire has it turned on. Also.. check your grounds.
Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

Well I installed an amp this weekend. The light was on really dim. I found that the ground for the amp was bad. Regrounded it & then it worked & the light was shining bright. So I would think his amp ground should be alright if his amp light is on.

But I would have to agree about the internal amp being fried....
MX3Extreme

Post by MX3Extreme »

Well first off, the amps are turning on but that doesnt meant that they are getting what they need to function properly.Obvious stuff like checking grounds as the other guys have mentioned is crucial so check that first becuase the amps will turn on but will not give any output. If you have no RCA signal to the amps they will turn on all day long but will never give you any sound.Make sure the rca's from your deck are pluged in at the back of the deck and then make sure they are not pinched anywhere in the car and make sure they are in the INPUTS at the amp. Then if that doesnt work make sure that the subs are connected interally in the box, I dont mean to make that sound insulting but I see that alot from customers who bring there subs in and I check for connection and there is nothing there. Also if the fuse up front is thermally separated it will still look good and will pass enough current through to make the lights on the amp turn on but it wont give the amps enough current to actually have any output over 12 volts. Hope this helps, if you have any other questions just let me know.

MX3Extreme
Jackson Racing GSR ( Supercharged )
Automotive Certified Electronic Technician

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”