Fan Control Problems - Only Position 4!

This forum is for topics related to the MX-3 Electrical System.
Mazda_Power

Fan Control Problems - Only Position 4!

Post by Mazda_Power »

My 3's fan blower only works on position 4. It won't switch over to vent, floor, so forth... Also the AC light only comes on when the fan is on 1-3 (and not working).

Any rememdies?
'92 Festiva L powered by a 1.8L SOHC Protege motor - For Sale

Post by Guest »

Is my car just weird?
Mazda_Power

Post by Mazda_Power »

Anyone want to take a stab at this one?
'92 Festiva L powered by a 1.8L SOHC Protege motor - For Sale
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

Sounds like a problem with the HVAC controls - dirt in the contacts or broken buttons - that kinda thing. You can probably take the controls out and clean the dirt and check if anything is visibly broken. Or you can replace the controls from another similar mx-3 from a junkyard. I do have a HVAC controls that i bought off of ebay - unfortunately i bought it without checking if it will fit my car and it doesnt fit my car - here's the link -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 7990620675
If you want i can send it to you for the amount i paid for the part and shipping.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Yes would have to agree that its probably the controls.... you could try what ariesdude said - take them out, inspect, and spray with a lot of contact cleaner. Those symptoms don't point to one, simple fault unfortunately.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”

Post by Guest »

Ok, I'll try using some cleaner and see what happens. If that doesn't work I'll try getting in contact with you ariesdude.

fan controls

Post by Guest »

Hey had similar problem, turned out to be broken rear wiper fuse holder, if the rear wiper is also not working its probably the wiper fuse, bottom left had corner of joint box, if its the holder thats broken you can take out the joint box and use the holder from the redundant one in the top right hand corner.

Return to “Electrical/Lighting FAQ”