turbo kit for 4 cylinder

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
ItyBty93

turbo kit for 4 cylinder

Post by ItyBty93 »

I'm wanting to build up my engine and tubo it. i have a 93 SOHC 4 cylinder. i didnt know if they had any turbo kits out there for mx3's. if they do can someone please let me know where i could get one. also any info anyone has on turboing a 4 cylinder would be greatly appreciated. thanks
She's my working progress!
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

its quite a bit of work and well im pretty sure ud be easier off going with a bpt or something like that.
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

racingmazda.com makes a bolt on kit for the sohc which uses good parts and is also upgradable.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
Cpl_Bryant

Post by Cpl_Bryant »

Not worth it. Swap in a BPT. Try JapaneseStarMotor.com I got mine from them. Just ran 15.78 at the track. Disappointing, but way faster than a bolt-on turbo for the 1.6.
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/cplbryant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ItyBty93

Post by ItyBty93 »

Thanks for the information guys. heres another question, what are some opinions on the GSR engine swap in a mx3? I know a lot of mx3's on car domain have them, my firneds think that would be a better rout for me to do than a turbo. But i know nothing baout this stuff, i just know that 88 horses at the crank and pretty shitty and i wanna do something about it lol.
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

GSR?
or do you mean GS?

Its a simple rule of thumb, if you have a 4 Cylinder Either go with a Bp/BPt/B6t.
If you have a V6 you can go with the Kfze/Klde/klze.

There are others but these are most commenly done.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Try searching a bit, and watrch your language in your posts please.

I think he means GTR(323)
ItyBty93

Post by ItyBty93 »

No im talking about an acura GSR engine, B18 C ODB 1. I've talked to a guy on cardomain who claimes that's what he's got in his replacing his 4 cylinder. I wasn't sure if that was a possible swap or not but i do know that a b18 C is a pretty quick engine and if it is possible to fit in an MX3, the power to wieght ratio could possibly make the MX3 faster than a car with an H22A. But once again thats why i am searching around and asking people about it b/c i know hardly anything about the car or the possible swaps. I will say that i am trying to go for somthing not so common, i want it to be a unique project i guess. And i'm a girl just so you all know. lol. if you all know of any websites or any places i can search about this please let me know! thank you!
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

UHH no, it wont fit
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
ItyBty93

Post by ItyBty93 »

I actually have talked to my machanic at Atuolab and he says he can do the swap. he hasnt ever done one before but he is the man at engine swaps and if there is a will theres a way with him. my boyfriend just had an h22A swaped into a civic lx. that engine is way too big for his car but they made it work probally the same way theyd make a GSR fit into a mx3. i think i may try to do it and if it all goes well would there be any one else interested in that kind of swap?
sk8erdude28

Post by sk8erdude28 »

ItyBty93 wrote:I actually have talked to my machanic at Atuolab and he says he can do the swap. he hasnt ever done one before but he is the man at engine swaps and if there is a will theres a way with him. my boyfriend just had an h22A swaped into a civic lx. that engine is way too big for his car but they made it work probally the same way theyd make a GSR fit into a mx3. i think i may try to do it and if it all goes well would there be any one else interested in that kind of swap?
Yeah, but a GSR is a Honda engine. An MX3 Is a Mazda, and a GSR is a Honda. They use different everything. It's not nearly as simple as swapping an H22 into a civic.
Cpl_Bryant

Post by Cpl_Bryant »

For all the money you would spend to make a Honda engine drive your car, it would be cheaper, easier, and maybe even have better performance (help me out on that part all) to put in the BPT.
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/cplbryant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ItyBty93

Post by ItyBty93 »

Your right, it would cost a ton of money. it would be a unique swap tho. Is it possible to swap the KLZE instead of the BPT into my car if i get a clutch added? since mine is originally a 4 cylinder.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Id put a BPT in it. Easier to upgrade and potentially faster.
Cpl_Bryant

Post by Cpl_Bryant »

Well if you don't mind spending "a ton of money" and you want "a unique swap" then ANYTHING is POSSIBLE. Why not just put an SR20 in there? That would cost a ton of money but it would be a unique swap tho. I guess my point is... get a BPT.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”