another problem with ze swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MAZDASPEEDMX-3

another problem with ze swap

Post by MAZDASPEEDMX-3 »

i found that there is a valve of some kind on the back of the engine just to the left of the rear exhaust manifold and the ze didnt come with one i was wondering if anyone knows anything about it and if i need it or whatever
thanks
Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

That would be your EGR. The ZE does not have one. So just remove it & plug the holes.
MAZDASPEEDMX-3

Post by MAZDASPEEDMX-3 »

corect me if im wrong but are the egr holes the one next to the exhaust manifold and is there also one on the rear center bottom of the intake manifold??
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

yes rear centre big hole
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
MAZDASPEEDMX-3

Post by MAZDASPEEDMX-3 »

so the klze doesnt have the egr hole in the im???
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

i don't believe there is a hole in the im of the klze or k8. there is a hole on the block where the egr mounts. there should be a plate covering it on the klze, just remove the two bolts holding that plate and mount the egr in it's place. then use the rear exhaust manifold from the k8 for the egr hole. there is a coolant line that runs from the egr to the intake manifold but it is only a .... maybe 1/4", i don't know exactly. the other coolant line runs to the block. then there is two vacuum lines that run from the egr to the egr selinoids that mount on the im.

that is if you want the egr. if you don't then leave the hole plugged on the block and plug the hole in the rear exhaust manifold.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”